“Absolutely Wonderful”

GreenLeadersGold level
Trondheim, Norway
“Absolutely Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent two absolutely wonderful week at this hotel!
Highly recommended. We stayed in a two bedroom deluxe villa, spacious and tasteful rooms. We have been to Mexico three times previously (Bareselo / Riu Tequlia / Riu Palass) this is
absolute the best. The service must be experienced .. We had All inclusive. Very pleased with the food, varied and numerous alternative. Room service was also included in the all inclusive and we used it a lot .... The drinks, the staff, the food was outstanding. Thomas, Norway

Room Tip: kids? two bedroom deluxe suites
8 Thank thomas n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (975)
  • Greek first
Dover, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

First the accommodations: We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa. Very clean, beds a little too firm, but overall comfortable. The Grounds are well-kept and beautiful. The beach: small areas good for swimming. Lots of areas cordoned off because of coral reefs. Palapas on the beach for shade, with nice beach chairs and food/drink service. We were in a beachfront unit, and could see that people were going and "staking their claim" early in the morning, as they also did at the pools, which were nice, but definitely crowded. Security is everywhere, yet they seemed to allow people to stake their claim, which was a little rude. The Food: We are owners at the Royal Islander and Royal Caribbean for over 20 years. We opted NOT to do the all-inclusive, because we really enjoy going to sample the different area restaurants. We were a group of 6, and all of us were very unimpressed by the food quality at the resort. It was over-priced and lackluster. After a few meals at the resort, we ended up stocking up at the market and eating in the villa. Leaving the resort for a meal was an immediate $25 round-trip for a taxi. I give a 3, rather than 4 star rating for the resort because of my disappointment as an owner. DO NOT buy a timeshare here.. as an owner, you subsidize the non-owners that are coming down in an all-inclusive package. We spoke to people that paid around $1000 for 8 days, including air, hotel, and food/drinks. If I were one of those people, I would be delighted, because you would get what you pay for; but, this was disappointing to us.. we pay almost a thousand annually for our maintenance fees, then need to buy airfare and food/drink. The all-inclusive option was offered to us for $74/day pp. It is a very sad situation for those who believed in the resort, only to find that we are brushed aside while they struggle to find their identity in the industry, leaving the members as casualties. The club used to have excellent food, service and lodgings at reasonable prices; making the purchase of the time-share a no-brainer. Our best option remains renting our place out, and seeking the deals that are so abundant these days. My suggestion to the resort would be to go back to their roots; keep your food simple, affordable and fresh, and keep a running shuttle to town (that doesn't require a reservation!) that allows people to explore the area easily. If they insist on keeping the all-inclusive option, they would be wise to cut the price for owners; make that a BENEFIT to those of us who have invested in the club, rather than a liability. In doing so, the incentive to be an owner would return.

12 Thank Lisa M
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at the Royal Haciendas for a week in June. The resort is beautiful. The food is great, and the drinks even better. It was so relaxing and every minute was enjoyable. I highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: All are beautiful. Get beach front if you can.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CL P
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

From the time we arrived up to the day we left, the staff at Royal Haciendas was super efficient, very friendly and accommodating. We're planning our next trip just because our experience was simply outstanding.

Room Tip: choose penthouse with ocean view or first floor beach front
4 Thank Marissa L
Woodstock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We just returned from The Royal Hacienda's in Playa Del Carmen. I can honestly say, it was the best Resort we have stayed at. The staff was awesome, and our contact at Royal Resorts, Liliana went above and beyond to help us have a great trip. The property was immaculate, as was the Villa we had. We ordered coffee from room service every morning, at it was delivered within 30 minutes. We had the "Refine" All-Inclusive package, which covered all expenses. Food, drinks, staff, beach, everything done right....We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michael P
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I have been going to Mexico and specifically the Royals properties since 1989. The first 15 years sold me on buying into the Royal Haciendas properties in 2007. So I feel I can say the service to the "so called owners" have taken a back seat to the new AI influx of people.

Unfortunately I paid 45,000 up front for a 4th floor condo with over 1000.00 a year fees. Although I get this until 2056 (I should say my kids will get this) I feel that they have more than taken advantage of the owners. All the perks seem to be to the AI, candies, turn down service, robes...on and on..what do the owners get? Hassled to come dump another 2-4 grand into the signature club...what a joke..I have asked them not to bother me with that or their lame soaps they try to give us as a "gift" for the members...yet AI people get quite a few of them during their week stay. I have asked for the last 3 years not to even offer me that lame owners gift as they use to give out very nice plaques to hang on the wall back home to remind you of your home away from home. So If the management is reading this once again please do not offer me those lame gifts again because the concierge is the one that has to hear me roar..they always say its not their fault...but it is the companies fault for not listening to me as a owner.

Enough of my rant on the Royals Management, I will say I use my condo for building great vacations, I love the bedrooms and kitchen aspect because we do a lot of our own cooking while down there because the 3 restaurants to select from is not that great of food but the pool side food is good and Julio and Bernnardo are the best around and have been there for over 5 years. our family memories is great at the RC and RH over the years....just wish management would go back to the old days of whey they actually cared about us a owners...its not a home away from home anymore for us but it is a vacation destination.

Room Tip: get beach front or top level rooms with expansive ceilings....
5 Thank Scharrin
Kerrville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We just got back from a week and did all inclusive this time. We were not
disappointed. The food and service were tops. Room service was very prompt and
the selections on the all inclusive menu were huge. We enjoyed dining at the upscale
restaurant on property every night, but it was a bit inconvenient having to make a reservation
the night before only. We loved the quietness of the resort but were disappointed in the
seaweed on the beach. The staff were constantly removing it and I realize the weather and
currents are uncontrollable. The villa that we stayed in was gorgeous, well stocked with
drinks and coffee through the all inclusive, and in pristine condition. The grounds are
breathtaking and the pools and pool bars were always a great place to relax. Also plenty of
room to go to a quiet pool setting, since the grounds are so expansive. Everyone we met on staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. We will return!

Room Tip: We loved being on the first floor with the beautiful lawn.
Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends