The Royal Haciendas is a beautiful resort with a fun pool, white sandy beach, clear blue ocean and nice big rooms. The place has little added features, such as hammock gardens, kayaks, water fountains and private whirlpool tubs outside on each balcony. We had heard good things about the resort, so I exchanged through Interval. We were only asked once to attend the timeshare sales meeting and once we said "No Thanks", we never heard from them again.
Here is what we really liked:
The staff is extremely friendly and went out of their way to put a smile on our face. Our young kids enjoyed the pool and hot tubs, the outdoor chess game, and activities center. Make sure to take the short drive to go shopping in Playa del Carmen - you'll find a mix of typical Mexican merchandise all the way to high-end boutiques and name brand stores. The resort's convenience store was "convenient" but pricey and small. The resort's restaurants were OK - we enjoyed La Palapa del Sol because it was casual and on the beach. The rooms are very big with lots of storage, free wireless internet service, nicely decorated and had all the amenities needed to call it "home" for the week. It looks like just about every room has a view of the ocean. We were lucky enough to get a fourth-floor room -- very nice views!
The resort itself is very clean. However, if you like walking the beach and leaving the property, I'm warning you that the grounds on each side of the resort are filled with garbage/litter -- very, very sad. It is not the resort's fault, but a definite slam on the area overall. At the resort, things are pretty pricey, especially the food and drinks and convenient store. I would highly recommend stocking up and filling your kitchen, if you want to save some money. The resort still lets people smoke - it would be great if they could have a "smokers" section on the beach so the rest of us didn't have to be around the smoke. And one last thing...they need to turn up the heat in the hot tub. The pool temp was fine, but the hot tub was only a "warm" tub while we were there.
Overall, the resort is beautiful and I would recommend it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Haciendas(R) Just 10 minutes from Playa del Carmen, this enchanting beachfront resort has architecture and gardens inspired by the grand old haciendas of the Yucatan. Enjoy fine dining, activities and many other amenities with the REFINE All-Inclusive package. The Royal Haciendas(R) is proof that dreams come true. Imagine, the best in beachfront living quietly nestled within Riviera Maya's most prestigious oceanfront golf community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Haciendas Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Haciendas Hotel
- Royal Haciendas Playa Del Carmen
- The Royal Haciendas All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen