My wife and I have been to Playa a few times but have always stayed at resorts. I can honestly say El Taj blows them all away!
We stayed in unit #345 in the El Taj Oceanfront, a 3-bedroom penthouse with a private rooftop terrace and a great view of the ocean. On the rooftop is a private Jacuzzi, sofa, loungers and a bbq. The interior of the unit was designed nicer than any of the resorts we stayed at and comes with everything needed for a comfortable stay, including washer/dryer, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms and 4 TVs. Very cozy and feels just like home. Guests at El Taj were also able to use the pool at their sister resort right across the street and also allowed us access to their gym. I read some reviews where people were saying they could hear noise from the bars at night but we didn’t really notice them. Maybe it’s because our unit was the furthest from the bars, but the only time we’d hear them was when we were on the balcony at night; once inside the condo and the door shut, we couldn’t hear a thing.
The staff there was all very friendly and outgoing; they really went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcomed. Every morning we went to the beach, they would walk with us to the loungers and would lay towels on them for us and set up the umbrellas when needed. Anytime we needed anything, they were on it within minutes.
The beach was well kept and clean. Every morning they would come out and sweep up any seaweed that washed onshore. There were some boats tied down along the water’s edge, but that didn’t really bother us. We thought it was quaint, and when we went into the water, we’d just walk down the dock that took us out past the boats but was still relatively shallow.
This was our best trip to Mexico yet and we’re already looking forward to coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen