1. have been going to playa for 13 yrs.
2. have stayed at big and large all inclusive
3. have stayed at hotels.
4. have seen the el taj infrastructure as it was being built
5. have seen the beach reclamation
6. have seen the damage to the beaches from hurricane and undertow
7. know all about the noise from the next door beachclub. actually CC0612 does not realize that the acoustics at el taj are not as he describes...not sure of 612 problem. have stayed at palms right next to music.....that was earth shattering. clubs now play at much lower decibels as the speakers on beach are no longer there. i think the acoustics at el taj are excellent.
8. el taj beach is located at a historic fisherman's site. it is right in front of the hotel. it is not the best, surf/wind/storm bring in the kelp. it is not ideal for the casual swim. but a few yards either way there is acceptable swimming. all in all, the beach/fisherman is a compromise of the old fishing village of playa del carmen and the 21st century
9. important to know that management/owner are very sensitive to their patrons. they try hard to get it right....keep in mind, they cannot control whether you catch a fish, or you happen to get some rainy days or the mexican communications/internet is not up to USA standards but this is MEXICO. the el taj people want to help you. remember english is their second language and we talk real fast (just like they do in their own tongue). with some gentle persistence you will get your point across and they will try to help.
10. if you want a perfect beach in a foreign land with instant wifi, monogramed bathrobes and slippers, and a gourmet breakfast lunch and dinner with a concierge with 25 yrs of contacts, el taj probably will frustrate. but if you want a good structure, with good people in a beautiful old fishing village that has a taste of europe and want to enjoy this type of mexico, el taj is the place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen