Just returned from our family trip to El Taj. We stayed in two different rooms during our stay and they were both very well appointed, and comfortable for a family of four. Having essentially your own condo with the benefit of maid service was delightful. The properties design is nice with lots of foliage and koy ponds, however I do think its missing a grand lobby entrance like most are usually used to.
As mentioned, this property is not far from the action, just a short walk away from 5th Ave. This was great at night because you could walk to dinner and feel very safe. It worked well with teenagers, and it was always easy to find something to eat. The grocery store is a walk away as well, which made it nice to get some food for breakfasts and lunches if you decide to go that route.
The staff was very attentive, and we always got what we needed right away. Do to the time of year, we had to change rooms midway through our stay to make our vacation work, and the staff made it happen effortlessly. I didn't have to do anymore than go get new keys.
The draw backs for me would be the noise and the beach. The hotel/condo is very close to several large dance clubs and the music began around 10pm and went on and on until 3-4am every night. It was very loud. They mention sound proof windows, but it did not help trust me. We didn't let it bother us, but if you are a light sleeper, this may pose a problem. My other issue was with the beach. It was very crowded, and due to beach erosion, just not that big. Lot's of boats parked right in from of the resort as well. I will say I knew this going in (all except for the extent of the beach erosion due to the last hurricane) so it didn't come as a surprise. I knew it wasn't going to be pristine, so I still had a very enjoyable time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen