El Taj is a lovely complex in the center of Playa. We only had a few concerns and they have been mentioned in other reviews. We kept our room open during the day and enjoyed the breezes, however we needed to turn on AC and fans to sleep because of noise from neighboring night clubs. This is a known problem if you stay in this part of Playa. We slept great with the windows closed.
This is not the best swimming beach in Playa because of all the dive/fishing boats in front of the complex. However the beach club is great and staff is attentive. The beach chairs are comfortable and staff quick to move umbrellas around if you need shade from the intense sun. If swimming in the ocean is your main interest you can take a walk to the beaches north of this property.
We enjoyed our morning breakfast at Indigio Beach Club. Staff was exceptional throughout the property. Our unit was one of the smallest on the property and the patio space fit only two people. It was fine for a couple but we thought by the pictures it was a larger room and closer to the ocean. I knew we did not have an ocean view but was not aware that El Taj had two buildings. Our unit was in the back building in the corner with a street view. The front view was of the pond and pool was beautiful. The street was not that great of a view. The unit was well equipped with everything we needed except a washer and dryer. Most condo units I have rented traveling have a washer/dryer so I bring carry on and half the luggage. I called ahead and was informed this unit did not so I planned accordingly. Not a big deal. I believe some of the larger units have washer/dryers. The physical grounds of El Taj are very beautiful. I would reserve a larger unit if returning to this property.In addition, I would figure out the exact location of the unit I was renting. The complimentary membership to the GYM is a great perk. I tried a few classes and would recommend bringing workout clothing. We enjoyed our stay in this property. This is a lovely resort in a beautiful part of Mexico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen