So happy we stayed here. I've been going to Playa for 20 or so years and El Taj is definitely now on my list of faves. Best features: Staff and location. The staff is truly awesome and being ocean front is always a great choice. We did notice the "Beachside" side of the property was equally beautiful and for a little bit of savings would not be a bad choice. It literally is just across the street, so if you don't mind walking a few more feet before you hit the sand, you can save a few pesos. The guys at the Beach Restaurant ( Indigo) are super quick to seat you on a ocean front beach chair and get you an Sunbrella. Never too crowed for us, but we get up early. Always got a front row chair to look at that crystal clear turquoise ocean (wish i was still there).
Notes; It IS on a LOUD disco street, but amazingly we could not hear a sound from the clubs. We are not late nighters and slept like babies, except for the occasional "bridesmaid" walking the hallway and speaking at bridesmaid's volume (which is always loud for some reason) ; )
The condo itself was spacious, super clean, modern, set up for easy living. Even the priceson mini bar items was extremely reasonable for a hotel ($2. for a Corona out of the fridge) We didn't touch the tequila or wine in the room, but it's there if you want and well priced too.
Our "Ocean View" was a tiny sliver from our quaint patio dining area, but walk a few feet and your on the beach anyway, so who cares!!
OK, let's talk breakfast which is included. One word: Imprevist (just a block away, easy) (you will not be disappointed) We chose it every day over the Indigo: Great service / Great (huge) breakfast: Coffee & juice (try the Chia- yum!!), Big Basket of Mex Bread, fruit plate, yogurt, granola, BIG entree selection - All included -- Tip your waiter, some were not, but come on people.
Viva la Mexico!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Taj Condo Hotel consists of 57 spacious condos situated on 2 separate properties in front of the beach. El Taj oceanfront is directly on the beach and El Taj Beachside is across the street. Guests get to use all the on site amenities including our exclusive beach club. We offer 2 incredible heated pools. The relaxing heated pool on Beachside property is an exotic black mosaic infinity pool with an extra large Jacuzzi while the oceanfront heated pool sits right on the beach in front of our exclusive beach club. We're located in the most liveliest area of Playa that offers the convenience of having the best restaurants, nightlife and shopping within one block from your vacation home.Each Condominium offers expansive floor plans and superb finishes. The Beachside condos have private terraces that are surrounded by exotic plants, Lilly ponds and all face the pool and cascading waterfalls. All the penthouse units in El Taj Beachside feature ocean views from the private roof decks. All the oceanfront units have views of the ocean.Each condo comes with fully equipped kitchens and the finest details including flat screen TVs in all the rooms. We provide the same services usually associated with some of the finest hotels. Our designers traveled the globe to Indonesia trying to recreate an environment reminiscent to Bali. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Taj Oceanfront And Beachside Condo Hotel
- El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen