“Chac Mool Cenote - Awesome Dive”
Review of Chac Mool

Chac Mool
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Excellent cavern dive with halo cline, air pocket, crystal clear water, and lots of stalagmite formations!

All reviews
"surfed"
"bcd"
"usd"

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I visited the Chac Mool Dive site with my fiance in November 2013. We made our arrangements with Alvero from Always Diving and he guided our dives.

The dives in these cenotes were amazing. I've been diving in the oceans and in fresh water lakes. These dives are completely different. There are a few small fish to see here and there. The main sights are the rock formations.

Be sure to follow your guide and make sure that you have a good light. The water is bottled water clear. I wore a 3mm shorty and I was fine. My fiance wore a 5 mm shorty and she was good too. I found the water to be refreshing.

There is a small washroom / change room. Bring your own drinks and snacks.

It wasn't very busy when we were there. We went on a weekday in the morning.

I would recommend this to any certified diver looking for a really cool dive.

1  Thank Rob C
Reviewed 9 December 2013

As an experianced diver, I was not attracted to the cenotes for any reason other than to say i've done that. With the complete absence of any marine life, waterclarity so poor due to the hydroclimes you can't see your hand in front of your face, and the total time of 12 hours away from the resort for a double tank dive, I was not enthrawled with the advertised alurment of spectacular views of filtered sunlight.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband, teenage son, and I did some snorkeling here. It was remote, quiet, and incredibly beautiful, one of the highlights of our Riviera Maya trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was my first scuba dive in a Cenote, although I have snorkeled several and have been looking forward to this experience. I was not disappointed! Went with Scuba Libre and our guide Rigo was thorough and informative. Not to busy while we were there and felt like we had the whole place to ourselves, you just cant describe how awesome the views are inside, Stalactites, some coming down from the ceiling, Stalactites coming from the sides of large sections that have fallen from the ceiling, giant chunks of stone, twisted and convoluted shapes in the limestone walls, all in crystal clear water. Crystal clear that is until you hit the Halocline :-) then its very blurry and then clear, then blurry, very interesting, when you first get to the Halocline, you can see the seperate levels of the fresh water and the salt water, its very cool! I wore a 3 mil full suit, and a 3 mil shortie and was fine, the water is 71 deg on the surface and 75 in the salt water on the bottom, about 52 feet was our deepest section, all in all a great dive, looking forward to doing another Cenote dive next trip.