We stayed here for a week after staying at an all inclusive resort beforehand, it was a very easy transition.
The rooms were comfortable and clean. Each comes with a hammock out the front, which I loved. You're also right on the beach, however due to the boats, you'll need to walk a little bit along the beach to swim, which was no big deal. There is also a swimming pool if you get tired of lying on the lounge chairs. Breakfast was delivered to your door every morning as well so that you could make use of the table and chairs outside your room.
The hotel is very well located near the beach, near many bars and near the main street for restaurants and shopping. Due to the bars being very close, the rooms closest to the road will be able to faintly hear some of the nearby nightclubs at night.
I've got to give special thanks to the staff. My wife got a bad case of food poisioning during our stay, and when I brough it to the attention of the staff, they had an excellent doctor on call, who came within a couple of hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swaying palms, lush tropical gardens and sweeping Caribbean views frame the charming palapa-roofed architecture of Playa Palms Boutique Beach Hotel. We welcome you to enjoy Playa del Carmen as it is meant to be experienced - where gracious service, superb amenities and exhilarating activities deliver just the Mexico you came to see. As the "alternative to all-inclusives," Playa Palms offers a relaxed and intimate departure from the larger resorts on the Riviera Maya. Stay walking distance from the vibrant shops, restaurants, and bars of 5th Avenue, known locally as "La Quinta." When relaxing at the hotel, guests have their choice of amenities and adventures. Whether you want to indulge in the delicious local cuisine, partake in a wide range of water sports, or lounge in a hammock on your private terrace while basking inexquisite ocean views, Playa Palms is an elegant oasis for relaxation in the heart of Playa del Carmen. Come to Playa Palms and Wake Up Inside Your Dream! Enjoy a complimentary Continental breakfast on your private balcony overlooking the Caribbean when you book your reservations directly through the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playa Palms Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Palms Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Palms Beach Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen