We loved the room (#208 one bedroom apartment) and we loved the property. Everything was clean, the staff were friendly and eager to please and it's in a great location. The apartment was large and had a full kitchen including dishes and utensils (not that we had an opportunity to cook anything). The room decoration and architectural design of the hotel as a whole are lovely. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was a nice size. The only complaint was the noise from the Blue Parrot Club two doors down. Our first night, Saturday, July 6, was quiet as it was the night before the elections and the Club was closed. However, starting Sunday night the bass fired up from 10:00 at night until 6:00 a.m. almost every night. We became a bit habituated after several nights but it did remain the only thorn in what is otherwise a rose of a hotel. We didn't ask to change rooms as we loved everything else about our room. Given their eagerness to please, I'm sure they'd have accomodated us if we had. We were hauling dive gear back and forth and staff were always right there ready to assist. Given that we were busy with other activities, we only used the beach once. A shame, given that it was lovely. We rather liked the ambience the boats anchored in front added (but then we're boat people). The pool is ideal and convenient for a quick dip to cool off if the beach doesn't satisfy. It is an easy walk to La Quinta (fifth Ave.) and a wide assortment of restaurants and shops. Playa Palms, as with Playa del Carmen as a whole, offers easy access too all desired ammenities while maintaining local charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swaying palms, lush tropical gardens and sweeping Caribbean views frame the charming palapa-roofed architecture of Playa Palms Boutique Beach Hotel. We welcome you to enjoy Playa del Carmen as it is meant to be experienced - where gracious service, superb amenities and exhilarating activities deliver just the Mexico you came to see. As the "alternative to all-inclusives," Playa Palms offers a relaxed and intimate departure from the larger resorts on the Riviera Maya. Stay walking distance from the vibrant shops, restaurants, and bars of 5th Avenue, known locally as "La Quinta." When relaxing at the hotel, guests have their choice of amenities and adventures. Whether you want to indulge in the delicious local cuisine, partake in a wide range of water sports, or lounge in a hammock on your private terrace while basking inexquisite ocean views, Playa Palms is an elegant oasis for relaxation in the heart of Playa del Carmen. Come to Playa Palms and Wake Up Inside Your Dream! Enjoy a complimentary Continental breakfast on your private balcony overlooking the Caribbean when you book your reservations directly through the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Playa Palms Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Palms Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playa Palms Beach Hotel Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen