This is a wonderful place to stay. We had a family of 7 and stayed in Reef 102. We were close enough to the lobby to receive the free Wi-Fi, which was fantastic for the whole family. We had a 3 bedroom condo with beautiful furniture, modern kitchen, leather couches and television in each room. The unit also had a fantastic variety of recently released movies and mechanical blinds that moved up and down to make each room dark.
The pool is clean and was steps from our patio. You could receive towels from the front desk for either the pool or beach. Since the units are not on the beach side, you have to cross the street to the Reef Hotel. Our unit came with a pass to the Reef Hotel, but as others have said you cannot buy anything. It is an all-inclusive and for $40.00(US) you can enjoy all you can eat and drink from 9am to 6pm.
It is a true 15 minute walk to playa del Carmen, and a taxi will cost you $7.00(US) for them to drive you that 1 mile. It is another $7.00(US) if you want a taxi to drive you back. We rented a bicycle and if anyone wanted to go town, it would take 5 minutes. The bike shop also provided a chain and lock.
If you have never been to Cancun or Playa Del Carmen, I would suggest you bring sunscreen/bug repellant spray or cream. The mosquitos are small and they love tourists!
Our family went to the local supermarket and purchased food for the week and only went to town for dinner. I found the staff friendly and they have 24 hour security.
I would highly recommend this place to any traveler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It’s always a pleasure to guide the ones that are looking for a luxury yet affordable vacation in Playa del Carmen.Playa del Carmen it’s just the place to be while on vacation, it features first world facilities with an authentic Mexican taste, dressed with a multicultural ambiance.Our peaceful beautiful condo complex is located in Playacar, a gated community with 24/7 security with a paradisiacal Caribbean landscape; just 15 min walking or 5 min driving distance from the well known 5th avenue. Paseo del Sol features its own lighted and complimentary tennis court, Gym, sauna, free parking, the largest and most beautiful pool in the area and beach club right across de street.All the condominiums are fully air conditioned and furnished, spacious living room, ceiling fans, linens and towels, bottled drinking water, fully equipped kitchen (microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker, cookware, dishes, dishwasher), cable tv, dvd player, iron/ironing board combo, washer/dryer and very large balcony, terrace or either rooftop.All points considered, Paseo del Sol is a good choice for those who want the convenience of a fully equipped condo and all the tourist services you are likely to need, both in Playacar and Playa del Carmen.I would love to understand your needs in order to provide with the best option for vacations, I have a solution for every single need and budget.Please write or call me at any time, I’m always available to assist you. Best regards ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Encanto Paseo del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Encanto Paseo Del Sol Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Encanto Paseo Del Sol Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen