My wife and I booked our stay at the Riviera Maya Suites at the last minute after reading some very negative reviews of our originally booked hotel. This turned out to be a fortuitous choice.
First, the suites. They are fantastic. A full kitchen with modern appliances, a dining room, a laundry room with washer and dryer, fully furnished bedrooms, living area, hammocks on the balcony along with chairs and a sitting table. Perfect for a home away from home.
Next, the location. Perfect. Located near the intersection of 5th avenue and 34th St, the suites are close enough to the main tourist strip of Playa that you can easily walk to any location, but far enough away that you are not bombarded with the noise from late night clubs and bars. With only 12 suites, there was never too large of a crowd at the pool or on the fantastic solarium.
The beach club. Unlike many condos in the area, the Riviera Maya Suites have worked out an agreement with the adjacent hotel, Las Palapas, which allows guests to use hotel facilities such as the gym, the pool and the beach huts/chairs. You can even open an account at the front desk for dining, drinking and the dive shop.
The price. In my eyes, based upon value, the Riviera Maya Suites is very tough to beat. This is by far the best experience I've had in any Carribean location, and it is also the least expensive.
Finally, a word about the staff. When renting a condo, I do not expect much. In the past, we've experienced very little more than "Here are the keys. Don't break anything." With the Riviera Maya Suites, we were greeted by Simona, the General Manager, who took the time to draw us a map of her favorite locations. She remained sweet and friendly throughout the entire experience, making sure that our trip went as smoothly as possible. She even checked to make sure we didn't need to alter our plans due to the swine flu panic.
The team that works with her was also fantastic. The rooms were professionally cleaned daily, and every staff member greeted us with a smile. and a friendly attitude. For the quality of the Riviera Maya Suites team alone, I would probably recommend it as a place to stay.
To summarize, If you are looking to spend four times as much to stay at an all-inclusive with terrible food and lots of drunk partiers, the Suites are probably not for you. But if you are looking for a great place to stay with many of the comforts of home (plus a daily room cleaning service), there's no reason to look any further. The Riviera Maya Suites made our vacation a wonderful and memorable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riviera Maya Suites has 12 exclusive apartments of two and three bedrooms, specially designed for family vacations by the owners of the well known Hotel Las Palapas, pioneers at Playa del Carmen. The apartments are fully equipped with high quality appliances, in order to fulfill all your needs and exceed your expectations. At Riviera Maya Suites you will enjoy an unforgettable experience at the Mexican Caribbean, taking advantage of the great location of our vacation rentals, only a few steps away from the beautiful white sand beach fringed by turquoise, crystal clear Caribbean water, where you can choose from an ample range of water activities like scuba diving and snorkeling at the Ccoral Rreef, yachting on Caribbean Sea, amazing sport fishing, and many others.Also, as Riviera Maya Suites guest, you will enjoy access to the private beach club, and all the facilities of the famous Hotel Las Palapas, the perfect place to laid back and enjoy the sun, the ocean breeze trough palm trees, and the magical atmosphere that can only be found at the particularity of Playa del Carmen, México.The building has a nice private swimming pool and is equipped with an elevator servicing from the covered parking lot of the semi basement to the three apartment floors.The roof has been designed as a solarium, from there and particularly from the third floor penthouses you can enjoy a spectacular view of the turquoise Caribbean Sea.The building offers 2 or 3 bedroom Suites. Each bedroom has a private bathroom. The main bedroom has one king size bed, the second bedroom has 2 double beds, the third bedroom has 2 individual beds. We can offer cribs and extra bed. There is a large living and dining room and nice balcony with chairs, table and hammocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riviera Maya Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Maya Suites Mexico - Playa Del Carmen