I stayed at Riviera Maya Suites in Feb 2010 with my wife and 8 yr old daughter and would stay there again in a hearbeat.
The place is on the corner of 5th Avenue with 36th Street, and is just on the tip of where it gets busy on 5th Av. This works really well imo, as you're close enough for everything to be within a walk, but also things are peaceful and quiet.
The suites are immaculate, furnished to a real high standard and want for nothing. If there was one thing that could be improved it is that if you were looking to lots of cooking, then they could do with some more knives, but they had everything else.
Purified water is provided free of charge every day, and the maids do a fab job. All the staff have a smile on their faces and are keen to help. (this seems to be a trait of almost all Mexicans!)
Our suite had an ocean view balcony and looked out over the Carribbean sea, so that was pretty cool. There was also 2 hammocks which everyone enjoyed lounging around in. Everyone that we spoke to staying there was pleased with the place.
For us, one of the best things about this place is that it is affliliated to Las Palapas hotel, so you get to use their facilities free of charge. This was great as there are loungers and Palapas (big straw umbrellas) on the beach right next to a beach bar where you can get drinks and food (set up a tab, then you don't have to worry about money or cards on the beach) - reasonably priced as well (club sandwich 100 pesos, beer 25 pesos etc). There is also Cyan-Ha dive shop next door where you can book snorkelling trips, dives, hire jet ski's etc. If you walk north up the beach there is also a place where you can rent kayaks and canoes.
One thing I will say, is that I don't understand the "classification" of this place as B&B and Inns - it is neither. You are renting a Condo, in an apartment block, with on site security and (small) swimming pool.
The 2 managers, Simona and Francisco are great, really helpful and keen to make your stay a pleasant one.
We paid $2970 for 2 weeks in Feb, and this was well worth it - we could easily have fitted in another family of 3 in our apartment so this would haved worked out at $1500 per family for 2 weeks. That is an absolute steal imo.
PDC is the one of the coolest places I have ever been and we would love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riviera Maya Suites has 12 exclusive apartments of two and three bedrooms, specially designed for family vacations by the owners of the well known Hotel Las Palapas, pioneers at Playa del Carmen. The apartments are fully equipped with high quality appliances, in order to fulfill all your needs and exceed your expectations. At Riviera Maya Suites you will enjoy an unforgettable experience at the Mexican Caribbean, taking advantage of the great location of our vacation rentals, only a few steps away from the beautiful white sand beach fringed by turquoise, crystal clear Caribbean water, where you can choose from an ample range of water activities like scuba diving and snorkeling at the Ccoral Rreef, yachting on Caribbean Sea, amazing sport fishing, and many others.Also, as Riviera Maya Suites guest, you will enjoy access to the private beach club, and all the facilities of the famous Hotel Las Palapas, the perfect place to laid back and enjoy the sun, the ocean breeze trough palm trees, and the magical atmosphere that can only be found at the particularity of Playa del Carmen, México.The building has a nice private swimming pool and is equipped with an elevator servicing from the covered parking lot of the semi basement to the three apartment floors.The roof has been designed as a solarium, from there and particularly from the third floor penthouses you can enjoy a spectacular view of the turquoise Caribbean Sea.The building offers 2 or 3 bedroom Suites. Each bedroom has a private bathroom. The main bedroom has one king size bed, the second bedroom has 2 double beds, the third bedroom has 2 individual beds. We can offer cribs and extra bed. There is a large living and dining room and nice balcony with chairs, table and hammocks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Riviera Maya Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Riviera Maya Suites Mexico - Playa Del Carmen