“Fantastic, great experience and the perfect place for a relaxing vacation”
Review of Petit Lafitte

Petit Lafitte
Ranked #7 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I highly recommend Lafitte, I had a great experience. What can I say, everything. If you are looking for a place to relax, that is quite, very friendly, great service, with a nice pool and a great bar next to the beach that provides a great variety of fresh food and drinks of all kind.

OK let me list the highlights

1- The service was very friendly and very knowledgeable of what to do and where to go in Playa. They all are always very helpful and everybody makes sure you are doing ok and have a good time while you are there.
2- The rooms are very nice and comfortable, always very very clean, right next to the beach (I noticed that in the other hotels you have to walk quite a distance from you room to the shore line, and are also more expensive)
3- The Location is perfect. Not too close and not too far from Playa del Carmen, the perfect distance. When you first get there, the road is a bit bumpy and is not very sophisticated, but when you get to the hotel and get settled and look around then you realize what a great place it is. You have two options, you can take a taxi or you can rent a car. Renting a car is easy and if you do it online with Alamo or Hertz is cheaper
4- I was very impressed and very happy with the food. Their cuisine was amazing. I was there for 10 days and they never repeated the same dish twice, they always had something different to offer for dinner. The quality and presentation of the food was excellent. AGAIN, I was VERY HAPPY with their food, their breakfast, lunch and dinner are fantastic!
5- After dinner I could stay at the pool late at night listening to the ocean or by the bar having a drink, by the way the bar that provides a great variety of fresh food and drinks of all kind all day
6- In general the atmosphere of the hotel is perfect and you feel like family

I am definitely going back and I have been telling my friends to go there if they are looking for a place to relax close to Playa del Carmen

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Petit Lafitte

Reviewed 13 August 2010

This was our first time staying at this quaint little gem. First and most importantly, the beach is gorgeous and not crowded at all. Swimming and snorkeling were perfect. the water is so blue and clear. The hotel is kept very well and our room was spotless. We stayed in a premium standard ocean view. All meals were excellent and the margaritas are to die for. They use fresh squeezed lime juice and none of that sugary mix. I highly recommend a mango margarita. Drinks are reasonably priced especially when ordering high end tequila. $8 for Don Julio. The staff are the most friendly and hospitable people I have ever met on vacation. They made sure to get to know us and traeted us like family. The pool is fabulous too. It is clean, deep, and refreshing. We had a wonderful time and plan on going back soon.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamericangirlnewyork
Reviewed 9 August 2010

if you are looking for a quite place to stay with no mumbo jumbo all inclusive style and you are fan of non conventional places, choose petit lafitte. Clean and nice Cabanas only 20 meter's from emerald see surrounded with palms trees and white sand... we loved it a lot. food was more continental then mexican and tastefull. service in general is o.k. but some of guys like Javier make this place really "wanna come back". we simply loved it. don't expect to have things like you have in big hotels (like fitness room) since you won't get it. this place is not so easy to find and one disadvantage is that if you would like to go to playa del carmen you will have to pay 150 pesos for taxy (one way) to get there....but why would you :)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Our experience at the Petit Lafitte was captivating, it left us with a sense of having our own resting space in a unique and privileged place not only because of the Riviera Maya but mostly and most importantly because of the attention, approach, and hospitality that you will certainly miss when you're back home. Today, we leave with melancholy because of the beautiful people that shared their kindness and affection with us and made us feel truly at home.

We're glad to know that there are hotels with this sensitivity and passion for personalized attention, plus they live and transmit their joy in every detail and in every aspect.

If what you wish for your vacations is a simple, sober spot your destination should always be Petit Lafitte.

We wish to thank David for his leadership as concierge and his brotherly affection. Martin, Giovanni, and Manuel for their attentions at the beginning and at the end of each day. Javier and Victor for all the cocktails and drinks that made all our afternoon talks pleasant. Jose for his magnificent hand at the Bar kitchen. Eduardo and Felipe for his kind reception. Deysi, Mariano, and the rest of the Staff that we didn't get the pleasure of greeting but from whom we received heartwarming attentions and of course, Luis for being at the head of this hotel and keeping alive this service concept that makes you fall in love with it since your arrival.

Fam Ramos Landeros
Monterrey, Mexico

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Jose-Luis_Cote
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Upon arrival, in just a few moments my pace slowed down and I found rest. I spent the first night checking out the stars, making pictures out of the clouds. Every meal I was served was great. Service staff was great. Great beach, beautiful flowers, small library was cool- I read 2 books, my wife read 5 most in a shaded hammock listening to the ocean. The pool was good, we had our own small porch surrounded by flowers, small iguanas and other small lizards. Beds were comfortable. I had coffee each morning oceanside at a table and one morning I was out way before daylight, one of the young guys made coffee at the bar the moment he saw me.

The walk to Playa is a good hike, you will pass one of the best beaches I have ever seen. It's a local public beach. Playa Del Carmen had some fancy resorts we passed. Fifth avenue is no good. I did get a $1 Corona at Tequilla Town but that's just bait. We walked to the Mega, a cross between wal mart, home depot, staples and Best Buy. We caught a taxi back and regretted leaving the sanctuary of the Petite Lafitte.

Out the front gate is a small homestyle zoo.

I read on Trip Advisor the beach bar was not a good value for lunches. I found that to be untrue. We refrained due to a budget. About day 4 I got a menu, the prices are stated, chips are included and for a lunch served ocean front by high quality adult servers it was not much more than a Thick burger combo at the drive thru at Hardees. Its really sad the service we allow in the United States.

Use Petite's shuttle, it will cost about 20 more than Expedia but it will worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Just leaving Petite Lafitte, and willing to come back again and again... It's a great place for relaxing vacations... Imagine waking up and finding the beach just three steps from your door! The staff is so kind... they are like a family receiving friends to stay for some days :)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Stayed with Partner and Friends for a week to celebrate birthdays. The customer service is out of this world. Accomodations were made for different dietary needs and room requests were met in short time. No detail was left ignored and we were always welcomed with a sincere smile. The food is super fresh and in a perfect indoor/outdoor atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends