We haven't found anything yet so close to the USA that compares. We already knew that it is one of the top resorts in the world, selected as Mexico & Central America's Leading Luxury Resort for 2011 and 2010 by World Travel Awards. Then, the day after we returned from what we knew was the most romantic trip of our lives, we learned that Rosewood was selected by Gayot as one of the world’s 10 most romantic hotels. The fabulous memories came flooding back!
If you like the ocean, like nature, like luxury, and love to be pampered, this is the place. Whether it's a long weekend (it's so easy to get to) or a longer, relaxed vacation, the Rosewood Mayakoba will not disappoint. Some high end resorts are a bit too stuffy for our taste, but Rosewood is the essence of beach casual. There's no big, grand lobby here; there's no big building, there's only beautiful small, individual buildings in harmony with nature (the lagoon with a boat dock on one side of the suite, the beach on the other side, and the mangrove). You can even catch a boat from your suite to elsewhere in the resort.
We have been to many 5 and 6 star resorts, and this is our favorite. It's so close, so comfortable and so wonderful in every way. The location is terrific; right near Playa del Carmen, a town that feels like a little bit of Europe in Mexico. Although we loved going into town for the great restaurants and nightlife, it's hard to leave Rosewood, the restaurants are so good. The best of both worlds!
You get your own personal butler with each suite. At first, we were a bit apprehensive: why do we need a butler? But they are so kind and sensitive about your privacy, we grew to really appreciate this perk. Whether it's an extra Nespresso, a DVD, unpacking service, running a warm bath, information or whatever, they are the best.
The rooms are also amazing. You definitely can't call these standard hotel rooms. The suites all have interesting architecture, materials, and decor. No expense was sparred to create a luxurious environment in harmony with nature. The spa is another ah-ha moment; really cool, on it's own little island.
You really feel safe and secure here. I guess that's why you always see celebrities and VIP's there, but beware, you may not recognize them in a tee shirt, shades and a baseball cap; it works for them too.
One very cool thing about Rosewood Mayakoba is that it's within the magnificent development of Mayakoba. It's not just one resort by itself. The developers, OHL of Spain, have created a high end development including the Fairmont Resort and Banyon Tree Resort. They are all connected by a world class golf course (just hosted the PGA) and waterways (lagoons) as well as the beach. The lagoons were created from the natural cenotes in the area. We've never seen anything like it! You can golf cart around or take a boat ride; there's bikes too. This allows you to visit the other resorts for lunch, dinner, spa or whatever without ever leaving the development. It's really nice to be able to check out the other resorts without leaving the safety and comfort of Mayakoba. That's unique.
In summary, if you're looking for true luxury in a casual beach setting that's a hop, skip and jump away, you definitely ought to check out Rosewood Mayakoba. It is truly a unique experience combining nature with all of the modern conveniences. You won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen. Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty, and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakoba is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen