“Amazing Family Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, NC
“Amazing Family Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

5 star hotel with excellent customer service. We brought our 7 month old and they couldnt make the trip easier for us. We also used a babysitter at night which we highly recommend. We will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank telzer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Korean first
Cozumel, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

if you are a distinguished classy traveler of ego upscale locations this is the best location in the world, let alone Mexico.
Carved out of the jungle this property sits on man made lagoons filled with fresh cenote water the color of the Caribbean Sea. You arrive by a electric powered duffy boat to your suite...exceptional experience..
I stayed in suite #408 which was an over water luxury lagoon suite you must try this suite unbelievably wonderful experience I could have stayed there for a month!
I could live in the bathroom..
Indoor and out door showers..
the bed was a dream...
I cant wait to go back maybe during the PGA Mayakoba Classic in November.

Room Tip: #408 is a special over water suite, romantic and private, you are in the heart of the jungle with a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Patsy C
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

We experienced poor service and found the resort vastly overpriced. Went here for our honeymoon and we were sorely disappointed with the level of service. From a botched welcome and check in, to $11 diet cokes, to poorly maintained bicycles, this resort has clearly either seen better days or found a way to hack Conde Nast's people's choice ratings. There were even issues with the room (lack of functioning lighting) that we never taken care of after repeated requests. Aside from an excellent breakfast, the food was average. The beach was small/shallow. The Spa is certainly a high point and the treatments were excellent, but hardly worth flying to Mexico for. In our estimation, this is a $500/night resort at best - NOT a $1000+/night resort. Worst part? When we brought these issues to Rosewood's attention, they didn't even reply.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank aandagreen
graeme d, General Manager at Rosewood Mayakoba, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Dear aandagreen. Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I was very disappointed to read that we failed to create an exceptional experience for you. We take great pride in the service and amenities that we offer to each our guests visiting Rosewood Mayakoba. We have received so many accolades from other guests on the excellent experiences they have received and commented on as well on Trip Advisor as well as voted as one of the best in Conde Nast's Readers Choice. Unfortunately in your case we failed terribly and for that we are very sorry. I hope that we can have a chance to make it up to you and understand exactly went wrong as our pricing for diet cokes and sodas are $4.50 in all our restaurants, bars and in the room and I have a fully time mechanic looking after our bicycles with no other complaints. We must ensure our bicycles are in excellent condition as the safety of our guests is critical. I look forward to connecting and am providing my email address graeme.davis@rosewoodhotels.com so you can email directly to me so I can understand the issues and ensure we make the necessary changes to ensure we consistently create exceptional experiences every time. I look forward to speaking soon and thank you for your feedback.. Warm Regards. Graeme Davis Managing Director
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I just got back from my 3rd visit to the Rosewood Mayakoba and was stunned at the improvements that the new Director has done and implemented. I didn't think much could be done to make this resort much better, but boy was I wrong. There are now several new spots created for Romantic dinners for couples or small groups. You can dine with a view of the Lake, the crystal clear lagoons, a cenote or on a boat. There's also a new Palapa on a private island created for massages where they will whisk you away from your suite via boat and take you directly to this amazing and serene spot. Another cool new feature is the Mayakoba Connection which is a boat service that takes you to all the resorts within Mayakoba. The Nature / Bike path is the same idea where all the resorts are connected via this path. There's even a really cool underground cenote (cave) with an on-site tour guide to explain all the details about the creation and wildlife within Mayakoba.

The service is impeccable. From all the small details of calling you by name and learning and knowing your preferences to the little treats they bring around by the pool to cleaning your sunglasses and giving you a scalp massage with cucumbers on your eyes. My favorite part was when I went to bed the first night my pillow had my initials embroidered on the pillow case. I was stunned. On the last day, they wrapped it up like a present and gave it to me to take home. WOW!

Ask the Lifeguards to take you on a Catamaran ride or you can take a Paddle Board or Canoe out by yourself. The beach is heavenly with white powder sand.

Finally, I again stayed in suite 500, which is a Tri-Level Deluxe Ocean View Beach suite. Not only do you have ocean views but you also have lagoon views from the rear of the unit. It's truly a stunning suite. There are only 4 of these suites as they are quite larger than the rest so book early.

I can't wait to go back with more friends and family. Thank you Rosewood!!!

Room Tip: The Deluxe Ocean View Beach Suites are the way to go. I stayed in Suite 500. It is a Tri-Level Townh...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

My husband and I honeymooned at the Rosewood Mayakoba in August 2012 and had an absolutely amazing time. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, the property is beautiful and the food is very good. We especially enjoyed the taco night and breakfasts!

A few recommendations: Book a spa service - the massage rooms are all private huts in the woods and the showers in the spa area are incredible. Try the chaya mojito at the pool - it's so refreshing. Visit the Banyan Tree Hotel for dinner - provides a nice change of scenery and cuisine. Borrow a bike from the hotel - it's a great way to get around the property.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

The resort, setting, staff and pools are absolutely fabulous (and as many have mentioned better in real life than the pictures), and if you are tired, harried and need to relax and rejuvenate this resort is a fabulous choice.

We travelled with our children, 3 and 5 years old, and I was concerned that we would feel out of place with them, but not at all. We were fortunate to be upgraded to a lagoon room by the beach. This gave us close access to the beach club, kids club (right next to the pool - very handy and the kids really enjoyed it) and the kids pool so made this a really convenient spot.

The other general lagoon rooms provide closer access to the main restaurant, Agave restaurant, lobby, spa and gym.

The kids loved the golf cart rides (we saw a snake one night!), the trips on the boat (definitely take the eco tour - we saw crocodiles, turtles and all sorts of birds) and there is a ferry ride a few times a day to take you to the other Mayakoba resorts (Fairmont and Banyan Tree).

If you are looking for a parent night out, Saffron at the Banyan Tree is brilliant (Monse the baby sitter fabulous too), although overall we thought the Rosewood was the best choice for a family and for my husband that is on the road a lot really appreciated that the resort did not feel like a hotel.

5 out of 5 for the resort and the staff - couldn't fault it and beautiful. Where it fell short for us was the quality of food relative to the price. A trip to the Agave was about 3 times the cost of an Asian meal in the major North American city that we live in and even then wasn't as good. By the way to avoid the bill getting out of control with expensive water ask for "house water".

The Four Seasons approach of free meals for under 6 ($12 for a bowl of pasta with butter that gets half eaten and then drink and ice-cream, tax and tips on top of it seems an awful lot for a 3 year old). Or provide a full kids meal and wrap the drinks and dessert in and combine it with some table, kid friendly activities (like the electronic games at Casa Del Lago) will keep the parents at the table and spending on drinks or dessert as opposed to dining and dashing.

An option to get a latte or pick up croissants etc. at the pool restaurant for breakfast would be great for those days you don't want the full on restaurant breakfast or go to the trouble of room service if you are in the Beach area.

All in all though a very lovely resort.

Room Tip: If you have young kids that love the sea and pool and can swing it go for the Beach area rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lutonlassontour
Dear Lutonlassontour
Thank you very much for your feedback and review. I was delighted to read that you and your family had a "fabulous" time. We truly appreciate your recommendation and also to learn about your food and beverage experience. Our sushi restaurant is priced slightly higher than you may find at your major North American City because of the expense we have on flying in only the freshest of fish and seafood from around the world. We cannot afford to have anything less than the very best for our sushi and sashimi.. My apologies that you didn't feel it was good as we have many guests truly appreciate our Agave Azul Tequila Library and Sushi Bar and consider it one of their favorite experiences. I hope I can hear some more details from you as to what specifically wasn't good about the food so I can look further into your comments and make any necessary changes as we want Agave to remain an excellent dining experience consistently all the time. My email address is posted on many of my replys and look forward to hearing from you. I truly appreciate your feedback on the pricing of kids meals and as a father of three young children I know exactly what you felt. With that being said, I have just changed our policy and as of your posting, we now offer all children under 5 to eat and drink for free in any of our restaurants from the children's menu. Will also look into a light alternative for breakfast at Punta Bonita and great to read that your children enjoyed the electronic tablets that we provide complimentary in Casa Del Lago as we are buying more for the other outlets as they have been quite popular. Thank you again for the terrific feedback and so glad to hear you enjoyed overall.. Look forward to welcoming back you and your family again in the future.. Warm Regards...Graeme Davis.. Managing Director
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

What a lovely relaxing resort. Staff friendly, rooms amazing, loved the golf carts to take you around. Only tried two restaurants not the asian and both were good quality. Plunge pool a lovely touch

Very good, would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family