I have been lucky enough to travel here twice and by and large it is my favorite hotel/destination that I have ever been to.
From the moment you arrive, you are treated with the utmost care and grace. A welcome cocktail starts your trip as you are checking in in their open-air front desk area.
Then, golf carts escort you to your room, which is a private and independent structure. It's not like a regular hotel with hallways and apartment style rooms. They are all little houses in a way, and all of them are pristine and private with a butler and jacuzzi.
There are 3 pools; one main, one near the ocean which is great for kids, and one on the spa island. The spa pool is extremely peaceful and quiet, perfect for reading a book. The main pool is a little more lively with snow-cone service throughout the day. The pool by the ocean is located near a restaurant, kids center, and the ocean.
The restaurants are all very delicious. Stand outs were fish tacos by the ocean and anything from casa del lago. The breakfast buffet in the open-air restaurant is even delicious as well.
Love their game room, bike rentals, comprehensive boutique, and spa as well. I highly recommend a facial or a massage, which is done in private spa rooms on their island. They mayan touch is definitely noticeable in comparison to the American version of the treatments.
If possible, take a cab to Playa Del Carmen one night to experience the city life. Also, ask concierge about the excursions; namely Tulum ruins and the underground cave swimming. It's a thrill!
Try room service and a bath drawn by a butler as well. Live it up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen