“The time of my life.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“The time of my life.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have been lucky enough to travel here twice and by and large it is my favorite hotel/destination that I have ever been to.

From the moment you arrive, you are treated with the utmost care and grace. A welcome cocktail starts your trip as you are checking in in their open-air front desk area.

Then, golf carts escort you to your room, which is a private and independent structure. It's not like a regular hotel with hallways and apartment style rooms. They are all little houses in a way, and all of them are pristine and private with a butler and jacuzzi.

There are 3 pools; one main, one near the ocean which is great for kids, and one on the spa island. The spa pool is extremely peaceful and quiet, perfect for reading a book. The main pool is a little more lively with snow-cone service throughout the day. The pool by the ocean is located near a restaurant, kids center, and the ocean.

The restaurants are all very delicious. Stand outs were fish tacos by the ocean and anything from casa del lago. The breakfast buffet in the open-air restaurant is even delicious as well.

Love their game room, bike rentals, comprehensive boutique, and spa as well. I highly recommend a facial or a massage, which is done in private spa rooms on their island. They mayan touch is definitely noticeable in comparison to the American version of the treatments.

If possible, take a cab to Playa Del Carmen one night to experience the city life. Also, ask concierge about the excursions; namely Tulum ruins and the underground cave swimming. It's a thrill!

Try room service and a bath drawn by a butler as well. Live it up!

Room Tip: 417 is a good one on the lagoon!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank eab23205

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Korean first
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Me and friend went to this resort as a quick girls getaway. We couldn't have been happier. We stayed in the rooms right on the ocean. We couldn't have been closer to the ocean. Carolina our butler attended to every need. The service at the resort was beyond attentive. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The beach was warm, with beautiful white sand and clear blue water. The pools were gorgeous. The food was good, especially breakfast! Really amazing and can't wait to go back. In fact we're looking at booking next month. Definitely good for couples.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank rrfc2003
RosewoodMayakoba, General Manager at Rosewood Mayakoba, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear rrfc2003,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Rosewood Mayakoba. A quick weekend getaway offers fabulous memories with good friends and lots of relaxation! Our personalized service is a signature of the Rosewood experience and we’re always pleased to be able to offer our guests an exemplary stay. Carolina is an expert when it comes to crafting one of a kind experiences—we’ll be sure to pass your kind words along to her! By catering in-room amenities and on-property activities to each guest, personalized service is the name of the game. It would be our pleasure to be able to welcome you back for another getaway. If there is anything we can do to help you plan an upcoming vacation, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Love this resort! Best grounds, service and room and the friendliness of the staff is amazing.

We were picked up by a boat who transported us to check in, were greeted with a refreshing, welcome drink.

Juan, our friendly butler brought us to our room which had its own outdoor shower, private plunge pool, dock, upstairs deck and amazing bathroom and tub.

Room service and the spa were on point.

This place is a dream come true.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Sue,

Dream-come-true vacations happen to be our specialty! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Rosewood Mayakoba; we’re so pleased to hear that we were able to make your vacation special. Personalized butler service goes hand in hand with our stunning accommodations. Juan has a way of anticipating guest needs, so you never have to lift a finger. He’s a favorite among our guests! With exquisite amenities around the property like stunning ocean views and every poolside comfort imaginable, Rosewood Mayakoba is truly a special place. When you find yourself ready for another getaway, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

My apologies for writing this review one year late. We stayed at the Rosewood Mayakoba in October of 2012, for a combination 30th birthday celebration for me and a "baby moon."

From the time we showed up at check in and taken great care of by Cecilia to the room service we ordered that evening and served by Daniel, we knew it was going to be a wonderful trip. Manuel and Russell, our personal butlers were fantastic. Russell brought my favorite drinks to the pool on my birthday and did a wonderful job of taking care of my pregnant wife, as well.

Joaquin and Rafael, our servers each morning at breakfast were so nice and did a great job of recommended restaurants for us in Playa. Our spa experience was phenomenal, and Bernie and Jezebel gave us great service. One evening, before dinner, I did a tequila tasting with Irving, which was a lot of fun and educational.

All in all, we were impressed with not only the room, where we were upgraded to a river view suite but the food and drinks and the spectacular service, can't wait to bring our daughter with us next time,

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fred0814
Dear fred0814,

Thank you so much for thinking of us and sharing your review from your stay. It is always such a pleasure to be a part of our guests’ special occasions, and two special occasions at once are even better! We offer personalized service because no two Rosewood Mayakoba stays are the same. It is wonderful to hear that our entire staff was able to make each part of your experience so special. We’ll be sure to pass your kind words along to Cecilia, Daniel, Russell, Manuel, Joaquin, Rafael, Bernie, Jezebel, and the whole gang! It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our Tequila Tastings—always a favorite experience among guests! It sounds like you, your wife, and the newest addition to your family are due for a return visit. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if we can be of assistance planning another Rosewood Mayakoba vacation.

Warm Regards,

Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Everything is close to perfection but two things really bothered us the noise emission from the main road if the wind blows in the wrong direction and the daily activities like yoga where they ask you to pay 15 Dollars no other hotel in the world ask for published activities a fee .

Room Tip: Do not take beach rooms or back lagoon
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JoeLeTaxi75
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

First of all I want to say that this resort is magical, incredible and just amazing.
My Husband and I came here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and I am so happy we did.
Before we left we filled out a questionnaire asking what we like to drink and other little details.
I arranged the airport transfers through the hotel, which was flawless, after the driver greeted us he asked if we were ready for a glass of sangria, which was the drink I put on my list. Small things like this make a difference and shows they sincerely care.
When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with 2 cold glasses of Sangria on a personalized napkin with our initials on it. 
After check-in we were taken to our Lagoon over the water room.
The boat ride was so cute and fun, it made us feel as though we were in a dream.
As we pulled up to our room our butler was waiting on the deck and showed us all around the room. All I could say was WOW over and over. From the plunge pool on the deck to the outdoor shower, this room was beyond amazing!
The fresh fruit in the room is delicious. There’s so much more but I don’t want to spoil the surprises.
The candles lit at night in the room and oil burning was so romantic and beautiful.
The service is over the top at this property. During our stay they constantly surprised us.
The staff is amazing, we ordered room service 3 times during our stay and every time we were greeted with a smile and even had a great conversation with one of the waiters who was telling us that the Rosewood is such a great place to work, they treat their employees so great and honestly it shows!
I ate at Punta Bonita and the service and food was beyond great. We had tapas and sangria with hot churros for dessert 
I immediately felt peace and relaxation here. This resort is so beautiful and special. Thank you Coral, Ana, & Graham for making this stay so memorable. I am a Travel Agent and in my 18 years of travel I have never had such a wonderful experience. Thank you for making my anniversary memorable… I will be back Rosewood and sending as many clients as I can to enjoy your beauty and staff!!!

PS. How or where do I get the bottles of shampoo and body wash? The bottles are so neat and the shampoo smells like heaven 

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tina f
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I had recently returned from a 4-day stay at Rosewood Mayakoba, Sept 26-29. Let me begin by saying that this trip was incredibly unbelievable. Rosewood Mayakoba wowed us in every way possible.

I'll begin with our check-in. The receptionist that assisted us was extremely polite but that's not what caught my attention. I have traveled extensively around the world but never have I had a receptionist return my credit card in this fashion. She held the credit card with both hands and handed it back to me as if she was offering it to me, thus making you feel very special. We were offered a refreshing drink then boarded a boat that took us to the dock of our overwater lagoon suite. Our butler, Juan Gonzalez, was waiting for our arrival. Juan was very informative and very accommodating. I requested two bicycles to commute around the property and within 15-20 minutes both bikes were at our front door. Excellent service! When we return in February, I am actually going to request for him to be our butler again.

Our suite was enormous. Elegantly decorated. The views were spectacular. The suite consisted of the foyer at the entrance way. To the left was the living room and dining area. This lead to the back patio where the dock and the plunge pool were located. The heated plunge pool was like a spa/sauna--so refreshing to just soak in that plunge pool. To the right of the foyer was the master bedroom, walk-in closet, vanity area for the Mrs., and the master bathroom which lead out towards the outdoor shower. Everyday we requested house keeping, and everything was so neatly organized upon our return to the suite. This just made it very relaxing and inviting to return to such cleanliness and comfort. We even requested extra guava for our fruit bowl, and sure enough, the fruit bowl was full of guava.

In search of food, there are three restaurants on site. The Agave Azul, Punta Bonita, and the Casa del Lago. We tried all three restaurants. The Agave Azul serves delicious sushi. The Casa del Lago's food was ok. The wine selection there was bountiful but didn't have a sweet Riesling or a sweet moscato so the wife was a little disappointed. The Casa del Lago also serves breakfast, and the breakfast is actually very good. The Punta Bonita serves Mexican food. At both the Agave Azul and the Casa del Lago, the managers came to our table, introduced themselves, and informed us that if we had any requests to please let them know. This shows excellent service--someone in charge and willing to take responsibility for the customers' well-being and satisfaction.

Now, we were blessed with amazing weather, so we rode our bikes to the beach each day. Meals and drinks were ordered from Punta Bonita. The entire staff at the beach was excellent. Everyone addressed you by your name. It's the details that matter. And the Mexican style ceviche was to die for. ¡Muy bien! I think the only thing that both my wife and I would have preferred to have been better were the drinks. They weren't strong. In fact, we rarely even tasted any alcohol. But hey...we were lounging on the beach with beautiful weather so we really didn't care that much.

If we didn't bike around the property, we simply called concierge for the golf carts to pick us up and within 5 minutes they're there. Just awesome! And...those guys remembered you by your name too.

Everything we asked for was done to our satisfaction. Everything we had hoped for on this trip came to fruition. Rosewood spoiled us. And...as I've stated earlier, we WILL be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple