This is not your average 5* hotel. This is a very special place. You turn off a busy road into a long driveway through the jungle, and then you arrive at the Rosewood. The natural beauty of the hotel is incredible- all very subtle with amazing views over the lagoon. Bright, open and relaxing. No large generic hotel structure, instead everything is built into the natural scenery.
All rooms are suites and consist of a separate villa- we had the most basic category which had: a large double bedroom, eating area, huge bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, indoor shower and our own terrace with an outdoor shower. The great thing is you can use the outdoor shower in complete privacy due to the way the rooms are built. You have your own terrace with sun beds on, with a small pool, so if you ever fancy hanging out in the room and getting a bit of sun, you can!
There are a number of pool areas to choose from- if you want the ocean view then there is only one pool. We quite liked the pool overlooking the lagoon as well, which is something a bit different. The resort is kept in immaculate condition, staff are incredibly friendly and can't do enough for you.
There are some nice perks- free bottled water, some free snacks by the pool, cold towels by the pool. There are also bikes you cant rent to ride around the resort if you like. The food is very good- the japanese restaurant offers a good menu and was a welcome change from the nachos we seemed to be eating a lot.
Overall, this is a really amazing, relaxing and special place. It stands out from all other 5* hotels I have been to (which includes the Four Seasons, Montage properties and other privately owned hotels in Europe). I cannot recommend it highly enough- and we cannot wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen. Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty, and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakoba is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen