We just got back from a 5-night stay at the Rosemont Mayakoba over Memorial Day. We definitely validated the reason(s) for the No. 1 TripAdvisor rating. Grounds were fantastic, our over-water lagoon suite was serene and architecturally interesting, and most of the food was great. The service really made the biggest difference, though - especially on the beach, where every need is taken care of.
We typically spend a few hours at a beach because it's not the most comfortable place in the world, and we'd end up going snorkeling, walking, or lounging by the pool as a result. Not so at the Rosemont beach. Perfect chairs, a never-ending supply of Negra Modelos or margaritas, and lunch brought to you while you hang out and relax. You pay for the privilege, to be sure, but man, is it worth it for a few days. Best beach experience we've ever had.
Dining was also notable - Punta Bonita during the day (definitely not at night - a real letdown) and Casa de Lago at night. The latter is the Rosemont's flagship restaurant and served, hands down, the best food we've ever had in the Caribbean.
We'll be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen. Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty, and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakoba is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen