I have nothing negative to say about this resort. Once you enter this resort, you will be struck by the size and beauty of it. It's so large it would take us a good 20 minute walk to get back to the lobby from our room. Thankfully, there are plenty of golf carts all around, ready to transport you anywhere you need to be if you're not in the mood for walking. Don't want to get on the golf cart either? They provide complimentary bicycles to everyone. We were biking all over the place and loving every minute of it.
On one side of this resort is the beautiful Caribbean, on the other, a lagoon that is in reality more like a swamp (but don't think smelly, gross swamp, just a ton of trees, turtles, crocodiles, etc). You can get to your rooms by taking a boat through the lagoon or by golf cart. Getting there by boat is just so relaxing and different that it was an experience onto itself.
The service is just beyond amazing. If you ask them for the moon, they will find a way to deliver it to you. At dinner, our normally vegetarian child suddenly decided that he really wants some bacon and watermelon juice, neither one of which was on the menu. We explained to him that they did not have bacon for dinner and ordered something else. When the food arrived, they brought what we had ordered along with a side of bacon and fresh watermelon juice! This happened over and over with us wishing for things not on the menu and them making it happen. Everybody is very polite and accommodating. They go out of their way to make every wish you may have come true. I cannot say enough good things about the service.
We stayed in a one bedroom ocean view suite. It was very large and spacious and had its own pool on the roof. The bed was very comfortable, as was the living room. My only small gripe is that the rooms don't take advantage of the view. The bedroom was in the back away from the view, while there was a view from the bathroom. It would have been great if they had swapped the two so you would get a view from your bedroom too, but oh well. On the first night, they also upgraded us to a oceanfront suite but because we had our child with us, the layout did not work for us. Obviously, the view from the oceanfront room was amazing, but as soon as our 5 year old went to bed, we had to sit there quietly. So we moved back to the room we had originally booked and the layout worked much, much better. There are 2 doors between the bedroom and the living room which you can shut and thus, don't ever have to worry about waking up your child. So if you have children who go to bed early, I highly recommend that you NOT get an oceanfront suite.
The food at the resort was very good with 3 different options: Asian, Italian and Mexican. We dined at all 3 and were thoroughly satisfied with the food. Also, I thought the food prices were very reasonable given that we were at a fancy resort. It was a very pleasant surprise when I expected things to cost more but they didn't.
They also have a butler service which is very convenient. For example, when we moved rooms, our butler unpacked us. If you forget your ipad in the room, you can just tell someone to tell the butler and the butler (ours was Nick) would get it for you. If you wanted a picnic lunch packed, you simply told someone to ask the butler to show up and voila, he was there arranging a picnic lunch for you.
Our son also used the kids club almost everyday and never got bored. They have ecotours, sand castle building, cupcake making, pizza baking, you name it. The ladies in there are very nice and great with kids.
Overall, it was an awesome experience and I wouldn't change a thing. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen. Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty, and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakoba is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen