My second trip to Mayakoba was as wonderful and perfect as my first visit. The resort is amazing and the staff is warm, accommodating and out-of-this-world spectacular. When we arrived (by private Escalade transportation), we requested our bicycles - an excellent perk for the resort. After checking in, we had a lagoon escort to our room. The eco-resort is amazing. The staff on the boat were very knowledgeable about the resort as far as the room types and layouts as well as the lagoon, nature preserve and wildlife. Our room was outstanding and on the beach with a magnificent view. The beds are the most comfortable beds ever slept in with the most amazingly soft linens. Our butler Ani was very kind and attentive and helped us during our entire visit. She met us upon check in and remained with us during our entire stay. She constantly checked-in on us and was very attentive. I also saw my butler Russell from my last visit and was so happy to see him again. The butler service at the hotel is outstanding. We spent a lot of time at the main pool which faces the ocean near Punta Bonita restaurant. The staff by the pool is outstanding and highly attentive to the guests. We sampled free tastings during the day as well as ordered food and drinks by the ocean.I would suggest the guacamole (best ever) and try the Mexican wines! We dined in the evenings at Punta Bonita and Agave Azul. At Punta Bonita, they offer tapas menu at night which is great if you want to try some excellent food and Mexican wines without eating too much. I highly recommend the red snapper baked tapas, sea bass ceviche and the churros! Agave Azul is the best sushi on the planet. The sea bass sushi and the tuna two ways will amaze you. Instead of the tequilas, we enjoyed with the Mexican wine, which we both tried first upon our visit to this resort. One night, we tried several rolls and all were magnificent. For breakfasts, we were treated like royalty at Casa De Lago. The traditional Mexican breakfasts are absolutely delicious. I tried a different traditional Mexican style breakfast every day and was always extremely pleased. Also, if it is warm outside, I would suggest the delicious iced lattes for breakfast. The breakfast staff was always very nice to us and the hostesses at both Casa De Lago breakfast and Punta Bonita were very kind to us. We enjoyed two separate trips to the spa for a swedish massage and then for an aromatherapy massage. The spa is gorgeous! We used the steam room, pool, showers, and definitely enjoyed this spa. The treatment rooms are accessed by wooden pathways to private treatment rooms - outstanding! - within the natural eco-resort. The aromatherapy massage is specifically catered to your body and was very much enjoyed by us. I attended a yoga class on my first day at the resort and it was also held near the spa area in an outdoor covered private palapa. It was amazing to attend this class among nature. Although we visited the resort after my birthday as a late celebration, the staff delivered a very nice gift (Coronas, Guacamole, and a birthday cake) along with the traditional yummy tequila offering and daily fresh fruit. We managed to meet several people while visiting the resort and all praised the wonderful treatment at Mayakoba. I wholeheartedly agree!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen. Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty, and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakoba is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen