We stayed at this resort last month for a wedding. We have stayed at other Rosewood resorts, and this one is by far the best. In fact, it is the most beautiful resort that I have ever been to. I hear that Las Ventanas is comparable, but that Mayakoba is better. First, the grounds are gorgeous. They put a lot of work into making the resort feel like paradise. Second, the service is outstanding! You will get waited on hand and foot. You get your own personal butler who is available 24/7. Ours went off of the resort for us to get some cold medicine! The food is fantastic. The brunch cannot be beat. Everything that we ate was delicious. FInally, you MUST go to the spa. You do not even have to have a spa appointment to use the facilities. GORGEOUS. And we had a private yoga lesson which was outstanding. The yoga lesson was better than the massage, in fact.
Oh yeah, if you have some time, go into town. The people are friendly, the souviners are cheap and there are great bars and restaurants.
The one complaint that I have is that our bill was wrong, which we discovered when checking out. It was very difficult to get the front desk to understand how the bill was wrong and the manager was difficult as well. It was sorted out in the end, but I wish we didn't have to end our stay with that bit of frustration.
Having said that, I would still return in a heartbeat. If you are looking for a beautiful, romantic getaway, this is the place to go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen. Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty, and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakoba is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen