I really want to be fair here but I've let a week pass and still feel confused about what this place is. FIrst, it's dramatic and beautiful but the money is spent in a strange way. There are wonderful docks and waterways at the beach villas, and huge 2 BR villas but for a family they are impractical. We had a 2 BR that was 4400 sq feet yet had only 2 beds in it. Our children were on a different floor than us and there was a truly dangerous trek to the top floor that we had to rope off. The idea is that the cheap pullout couch with a plastic mattress is the second BR but for $3k a night? There is a butler for each villa which I find a little precocious especially since he seemed confused about what his job was. That said the food was terrific. Be careful that no corporate event is booked for the same time as your visit or you will find yourself eating dinner with 65 people having cocktails in the same space you are having dinner in, shouting conversation across your table. I'm serious. In the end I find it more a couples/corporate place than a family place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Prestigia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen