This is a perfect place for a quick escape into great luxury. It is beautiful, peaceful and incredibly clean. All of he employees are highly service oriented and they have great pride in their jobs and in the resort itself. Very refreshing coming from Miami. The food is fabulous. The most impressive breakfast I have ever had - it's a must. Have a good, large breakfast everyday, then snacks and drinks for lunch down at the pool. Then go for a nice, long dinner at Punta Bonita. The food at Casa Del Lago is OK and the service is excellent, but I concur with most other reviews here that the food and setting is just better at Punta Bonita.
We stayed in Suite 507, which was the top floor of a Lagoon Side, Ocean View Suite by the beach. The rooms are almost obscenely large and they are immaculate. The architecture is unique and perfectly suited to a luxurious long weekend or a four or five day stay. Very highly recommended.
The one, small complaint that we had was the tennis facility - very poor.
If you go, say hello to Henar. She is the front desk manager. She runs a tight ship and has excellent energy. As long as she is there, Rosewood Mayacoba will continue to be an excellent choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Mayakoba is situated on the Riviera Maya. This luxury resort in Mexico offers spacious suites and is located south of Cancun and north of the charming seaside village of Playa del Carmen.Surrounded by the emerald embrace of the jungle and caressed by warm Carribbean breezes, is a resort of rare luxury and indulgence. Rosewood Mayakoba is imbued with the unique spirit of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. A journey to this serene world, immersed in the dense green perfume of the jungle, captivates the soul with unimaginable tropical beauty,and pure, simple refinement. The ecological enclave of Mayakobá is a new, enlightened model of true luxury hospitality that celebrates the land without compromising it. Mayakoba embraces the government restrictions on development and mangrove preservation which has always been a top priority for the developers and designers. The Madrid-based construction company OHL, with 25 years of experience in Mexico, owned the land for many years before choosing how to build upon it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Rosewood Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen
- Rosewood Mayakoba Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen