We have just returned from a week at the Grand Rivieria Maya Princess. The resort is incredible with gracious and hospitable staff . We were fortunate to stay in the Platinum area of the resort which allowed us to not only develop relationships with the staff but meet other Platinum guests.
One of the 'perks' of being a Plantinum guest was the ability to book 'ala carte' restaurants for every night if we wished. We ate at the Japanese (twice), Mexican, Grill, and Italian. The food and the service at the Japanese and Italian were incredible. I did not eat my meal at the Mexican restaurant (I just didn't like the taste) and my husband and brother in law did not enjoy their meals at the Grill but my lamb was delicious.
We too, as others that we met on our trip, were nervous after reading the reviews...but were pleasantly surprised that very few of these were realized. Were there mosquitoes? Of course there were but very few. The majority of the staff were pleasant and always willing to please...were there others that didn't really care...of course there were.
It did look like the final touches on the rooms were rushed to get the resort open but they didn't hamper our stay. Not every room had all things that were advertised...but again nothing that disrupted our vacation.
Having a jacuzzi on the balcony was the best ever...when my husband and brother in law took their afternoon siestas (a MUST, by the way) I soaked in the tub looking out at the ocean...it doesn't get much better than that.
The Platinum Lounge was great...24 hr concierge, lots of snacks (constantly replenished), liquor/refreshments, cappacino machine, free internet and an incredible pool with great chaise loungers.
As I said we met other wonderful travellers and hope to stay in touch.
What I was appalled at was the lack of appreciation by so many guests when it came to the staff. Hello people, this staff should not be treated as your personal slaves...they are people who work hard for minimal pay. They survive on tips and should be rewarded for going 'above and beyond' for you. Remembering how you take your coffee or what wine you prefer...keep in mind how many people they serve every day.
For the people who whine about the 'starkness' of the resort, or complain that all the statues were not finished, state of the mangroves. Stay home.
All in all it is a great resort still going through growing pains and they WILL get their act together...when they do look out...they will become one the top spots to vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen