We stayed in a Platinum section of the Princess, and this as well as the Villa suites are, the only option if you are going to stay here.
Check-in: Fast with glass of champagne and a quick shuttle to our room.
Room: Beautiful room, no problems with any function. Never really used the mini bar and the maid service was ok…better if you leave a tip. I took a wet towel and dragged it around the floor once because they don’t mop. Rooms have free wireless internet which worked well most of the time.
Bugs: Better on the 2nd and 3rd floors we brought some Raid and killed a few but I only got one bite the entire week.
Platinum Lounge: The concierge and bartender Jamie were flawless. They looked after everything we asked for with no delay including shuttles if we didn’t want to walk. There is a computer there and usually a minimal wait. I like the little Platinum pool connected to the lounge, we stayed there all week.
Food: We were unimpressed with the food and ate 5 of 7 nights in Playa del Carmen. If you like steak, Chicago Don Jose is fantastic.
Staff: Was great for the most part but I noticed some guests being very bossy, demanding and condescending. I believe this type of conduct will get you a lower level of service. Remember to be patient – English is the staff’s second language and they are doing their best to understand.
Beach: Nice looking but as everyone has reported little rocks and shell chards will cut your feet. If you want a real beach go to Tulum but forget the tour for $80 a couple. We met a cab driver Carlos Sanchez the night before and he has a brand new cab. For $100 we went to the ruins in Tulum for about 40 minutes and then to the beach for a couple hours, all on our schedule, it was a great day.
Gym: Ok for a bit of cardio, looks nice, but if you really want to work out it’s pretty useless.
Spa: great massage but they missed the mark on ambiance but that goes for the entire place.
Entertainment: Forget it but I really don’t care about that.
Warning: They have a Saturday night market in the plaza and sell Cuban cigars, only problem is they are fake this is also true for the Morgan Tobacco Shop in Play del Carmen, again fake Cuban cigars. I found that Casa Partagas Solidaridad in Playa del Carmen has authentic Cubans.
Conclusion: Due to the size of the resort lack or ambiance and just average food I would recommend paying a little more and staying elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen