We travelled to mexico on the 23rd of november & came back on the 7th December. This was our first trip to mexico and we were really impressed. As soon as we got off our coach the hotel looked fantastic. Took us 45 mins to check in and then another hour to get our bags but that was nothing too major.
The hotel has one of the most beautiful grounds i have seen in a hotel. Full of fountains and statues among other things. The pool was basically one huge pool as all the pools were linked together, except of course the kids pool. All were well maintained of course. However the pool outside the swim up rooms was sometimes dirty, however you can guarantee they were mostly cleaned everyday.
The rooms were fantastic, they looked so beautiful. Rooms were very specious and were always clean and well stocked. My favourite was the whirlpool bath it was heaven for both me and my partner. The beds were perfect in my opinion people often say they are too hard but this wasnt the case in our room. We stayed in a room which was based directly behind the main pool speakers. which you would think was bad however music always started at around 11 and finished at 5 so no problems.
One thing that did bug me was how rude most americans and canadians were. Always pushing people around and pushing in on queues to food and very loud. I think they were not happy unless they were center of attention.
The daily activities at the hotel were also good with great staff running the show they would work 12 hour shifts everyday as they did night entertainment aswell and not once did they look tierd. Strongly recommend the shooting and archery which were my personal favourite. The night time entertainment was also mostly great best shows were the horror show and party time both had some of the best dances i have ever seen. However one dancer always stood out everytime i cudnt remember his name however he was tall and bald and often he looked like he cudnt be bothered he definately stood out from the other dances and I have to say the person who organised all the dancers was great and he definately deserves a pat on the back.
Food was also good. Really good quality food not once did i have a bad meal although there wasnt as much choice as most all inclusive hotels it was still very good. They had themed nights in the main buffet restaurants everyday such as mexican, seafood, italian and japanese and always offered things like burgers, chips, hot dogs, salad and some type of meat everyday. They also had a good range of restaurants such as japanese, italian, steak house, mexican and more we visited the italian and steak house and we very impressed they were fantastic. However you have to book 2-3 days in advance.
Overall the holiday was fantastic and so was the hotel apart from tiny little things it was just simply beautiful. The one major thing that bothered me more than anything was the sea. Although looking very beautiful it was dangerously rocky there is no signs warning you of this. It is simply impossible to go for a swim without cutting your foot on a sharp piece of rock. This ruined it for me and my partner as we love a good swim in the sea however we had to go in the pool for this so we decided we wudnt come back again for this reason.
Warning this hotels on site shops are very expensive. Talking around £10 for some crisps. Go to playa del carmen if you need anything a taxi costs $20 and reception will call you a taxi and they will arrive in less than 5 mins. Takes around 10 minutes to get to playa del carmen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen