My friend and I just got back from a week's stay in the Platinum Suites section-we are from Toronto, Canada and travelled with Air Canada Vacations.
Overall we really enjoyed this resort. The Platinum Suites were great because of the concierge service and the butler service at the beach and the pool. Their customer service was really great all-around in the Platinum Club.The only exception was the "Gala" dinner-you have to wait 30 to 45 minutes for the cook to grill your steak and shrimp-seriously? They know how many guests they are expecting-either have the food ready or do it a-la-carte-very disorganized-we didn't even stay for the dinner once we saw the line-ups at the buffet-a huge disappointment.
We thought the food and drinks were excellent and we ate at several of the a-la-cartes during our week.
The only things that we had issues with were the check-in--why can't hotels get this down pat? If there is a large group checking in why is there only 1 person at the front desk? I never understoof this-the hotels know how many people are checking in that day!!
Also, if you enjoy eating outdoors this is not the place to be-there are no open-air restaurants at all.
But a vacation is what you make it, so just grin and bear it-we had a great time overall and thought the staff were excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen