My wife and I have recently returned from a two week stay at the yucatan princess .
On arrival at check in we were both handed a glass of bubbly and a cold cloth to
help cool us both down,we got the keys to our room which was in the adults only section.
The room was fine but our outlook was very dull on ground floor near site of new part to hotel which was under construction, we asked to be moved to the first or top floor which was
done the next day our new room was on second floor in the middle section of yucatan .
Nice and bright king size bed large bathroom with twin sinks separate shower and WC
With large whirlpool bath. The hotel is very clean ,staff were very helpful and courteous
Our housekeeper was male great young man and very good at his job goes by the name Ivan.
We found the buffet restaurants good our preference was the riviera always had nice meal
Used sunset one lunchtime only to find the chicken I picked not cooked through (I did point this out to staff who offered to cook more for me ) the a la carte restaurants we used were great our favourite was the tepinyaki a bit of entertainment and plenty to eat .The pool at yucatan was great no children nice and peaceful if you wanted it the other pools did have younger ones but I would not say they were rowdy, just having fun.Spent sometime at the beach we had a few choices of where to sit we chose the adult section with waiter service very nice plenty of loungers for everyone.
The hotel has plenty of bars one of which is sports bar I found this place to be extremely noisy
Where some people could go with there children of all ages let the kids scream and carry on
While they proceeded to get drunk this bar should have a time limit for children (might help there parents remember which ones belonged to them ) the lobby bar was very warm due to being open
Air but the platinum bars were air conditioned. We did enjoy the nite club great music and dancing
(Quieter than the sports bar !!). The grounds around the hotel are very nice to walk around with some wild life to see iguanas, Coaties, there is even a gator near the chill out area.
All in all I would return here found this place very nice indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll.Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon).A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen