Check in is horrible but i assume that happens anywhere you go. We arrived at 1pm, told to come back and get our keys at 3PM, came back at 3pm, had to wait in line longer and it's very hot in the lobby, the sweat was pouring down my back. They do offer you a nice drink when you enter though. I reserved a platinum suite and was offered an "upgrade" to the Villas which has a black bracelet and apparently gives you access to everything. So, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't. I guess i just got the wrong Villa. The air conditioning in the room barely made the room cold. I complained time after time. My Refrigerator was more like a microwave as everything inside was hot. And my free in room wi-fi? Well, the free wifi didn't work anywhere in the room unless you were really close to the edge of the balcony, however the pay for wifi did, so i wasted $70 for 7 days of access on that and it worked perfect. So i arrived Friday, on Saturday they finally tell me it is going to take 8 hours to fix the air conditioning and that i will need another room. However, the property is completely sold out and i have to leave the room for them to fix it. Finally on Monday, they call me and have another Villa available. So i take it. Wow, the room is freezing, the refrigerator works and even the free wifi works. The free wifi is great because it connects to iphone and ipads so you can facetime for free with someone back home, well in usa at least. I was all excited, got ready to leave my room, i close the safe and the safe is broken. 45 minutes later, it is all fixed! So... moral of the story... If you get a perfect room, you may have a perfect vacation here. The Resort is beautiful. There is a lot of walking involved. But there are so many pools, restaurants, and bars available. One great thing about Platinum or better, free room service!! A flank steak would cost someone around $30, however staying in Platinum or better, that flank steak is free! And anything else you want is free. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack time! The buffet's are just okay. The restaurants are good but hard to get in there unless you "TIP" someone or make really early reservations. However, when going to these restaurants, even being on time, you will wait 30 minutes to be seated. The sports bar and disco were fun also. My only negative reviews are about the ac being broken, free wifi not working, and fridge not working. I would definitely come back. Oh, and bring a translator with you, nobody speaks English. Oh and while standing by pool bars waiting for a drink, major bee problem, so expect to be stung at least once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa is located on the stunning Riviera Maya, just three kilometers from the famous Playa Del Carmen, in beautiful surrounds, with large and spacious natural parks and the delight of a good tropical weather. Besides our fascinating beach, renowned for the clear water and splendid sea beds, typical of the east end of the Yucatan Peninsula, the hotel invites you to discover the huge wealth of the archaeological remains of the Maya culture in this area. After crossing the spacious lobby the splendid "Paseo de los Dioses" is reached, which invites the costumers to discover the charm of the hotel. It is a gift to our senses to enjoy all our facilities that can be found to our left and right on the way to the marvelous beach awaiting for everybody at the way of the pleasant stroll. Opened in December 2007, Grand Riviera Princess offers 674 fully equipped rooms with a range of services that give the clients a variety of possibilities to choose from: Junior Suite, Junior Suite Deluxe (some with direct pool access), Platinum Suites and Laguna Villa Suites (ideal for the most romantic honeymoon). A fascinating Spa is offered to all the clients, and the most complete activity program during day and night. A range of services in the varied and international selection of top quality food provide the perfect counterpoint when sharing moments of peace and calm with excellent meals in beautiful and inviting specially decorated surrounds, some of which are by the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort And Spa
- Grand Riviera Princess All Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Riviera Princess Hotel
- Grand Riviera Princess All Suites Resort & Spa Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen