10,254 results
All reviews fondue sports bar riviera side platinum section a la cartes mama mia platinum lounge sunset buffet las olas platinum package deluxe junior suite le fleur water shoes seafood chill out bar cooking show private pool
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I was here with 3 of my friends for 7 days and this resort is amazing. The staff is so helpful and friendly. There is so much to do and see. Nightlife is awesome from live performance's, nightclub, bars with lively fun bartenders. During the day at the pools there is almost always some activities happening conducted by staff. The beach is FULL of things to do, free transportation into Playa daily, free tequila factory tour, free tour to a jewelry shop that sells Mexican silver. I can't say enough great things about this place. Really fun, really nice and clean, and well thought out in regards to guest experience.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We stayed in this hotel in March for 10 days. This was last minute decision which turned out to be the best holiday that all 3 of us have ever had so far!
On our first day, even though it wasn't our check-in time yet, we have received hotel all inclusive bracelets that allowed us to use all the facilities from the very beginning. We really enjoyed sipping mohitos by the swimming pool after long 12-hours flight! We were also greeted by the friendly staff and animators who encouraged us to take part in activities before we even checked-in!
We think that accommodation is an amazing value for the price, and it stands up to the 5 star hotel standards. Resort is beautiful and well-maintained, there are many restaurants and places to spend your time, basically you can live in the hotel and never get bored ;). Food is fresh, delicious and everyone will find something they like, as the range is huge. There are also different themes on different days, e.g. Asian cuisine or International (and Mexican obviously!). Staff is very polite and friendly and made us feel like princesses :).
A big shout out to the animation team, especially Sam (best zumba instructor on Earth!), Sergio, Jason and Denise. All 3 of us love latino music and zumba and we truly enjoyed dance lessons with the team! They were really friendly and funny. We felt like we could just sit by the swimming pool and enjoy the sun, drinks, activities and great company for the whole day!
We are definitely coming back to this resort as we loved it so much! We can definitely recommend this hotel to anyone: friends, couples, families.
Pati,Kasia,Paula :D

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank bratek344
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Not a 5 Star but AWESOME!

I just returned from Grand Sunset Princess and i am wishing i was still there. I escaped on a solo vacation to connect with myself, relax and have some fun. i did a little bit of everything on my list and i am so happy i chose this hotel. Before i left i was a little hesitant travelling to Mexico by my self but i knew i needed to get away, after 2 days of research my heart felt like this hotel was the place to be. And i am Content with my decision <3

I added them to my instagram so i can continue viewing their fun and i wish i could go back right now. ha ha

FOOD- It was great overall but I feel like their could be more options, the breakfast was good but maybe even have waffle or fresh pancakes so they are not so dry. I ate at the buffets and at some point the food was making me gag lol. Not in a bad way, just the same things over and over, I did try the Japanese restaurant, Mexican and La Fondue and they were all great!!! i especially enjoyed the BBQ hut by the adult pool and the one on the beach. the cute boxes does add a special touch to burgers and hot dogs.

But I was shocked tho to have to pay for room service only because i guess i got spoiled staying at resorts i did't have to. one little small detail was the water coolers around the resort ( cold) didn't necessarily meant cold water. but i added ice to it and i was ok.

The food at the sports bar was great. i enjoyed that

Morning coffee would only come 10 + into my meal, it was so hard to have some serve you. sure i know it's big place and everyone is running around busy but a coffee with the start of my meal was always an issue.

POOLS- The most awesome pool was the adults pool because there was always something fun going and MUSIC, so many people having a fun time all around, All the pools were amazing, it was hard to keep track how many they have <3 Some quiet, some for kids and some for adults. They were always cleaned and taken care of.

STAFF- Some were polite and some weren't but overall i had a good experience with them. But i think they are short staff in the buffets.

ENTERTAINMENT - So many activities all over the resort, i even got to experience a foam party, that was pretty cool along with my top favourite " CRAZY GAMES" at 3:00pm at the adults pool, ha ha that was a laugh. Everyone was really into it and the staff made it so much fun for everyone. They ALWAYS had something going on and boy they can dance. OMG!! so jealous, i was in love with their moves. boys and girls, everyone was fun. They did a great job everyday with smiles and laughters. It was a fun contagious vibe.

The shows at night were fun and also the live music around the resort, they had a little bit of everything going on.

ROOMS- I LOVE my room, always nice and clean and so spacious, the only thing i was not to happy about was the mini fridge in the room wasn't cold enough but not a big deal, i mainly use it for water, it just sucked to drink a beer that wasn't so cold. not the same.

BEACH- Unfortunately that blue blue Mexican water is no longer the same, it was full of sea weeds and rocks, however i still went in the water as i LOVE the ocean, some parts had less sea weed so it was easier to find your way in.
Hammock on the beach was GOLD <3 i would go there to read in the morning.

SPA- i had a massage on the beach by Oscar and it was awesome. he was friendly and professional. I got to also use the water treatment in the resort and it was awesome. Aside from my disappointment to know the Vapour Sauna wasn't working everything else was great. i was there for a few hrs and got to leave feeling so realxed.

CLUB - OMG it was bigger than i expected and every night was full. The music was great as well and it added a special touch to the vacation aside from the fun night i had at coco bongo.

GYM - Was AWESOME and pretty big, i'm a good life member in Canada and the gym at the resort had equipment that i haven't seen at my gym lol.

HOTEL -Overall it was a great experience, it could use some minor improvements but over all this resort was so much fun and i definitely recommend it to friends and family. It was a huge hotel and i got my steps in everyday. lol i love it tho.

SPECIAL THANK YOU

Staff- Here are a few of them who stood out in my trip

Diego - at the adults pool was AMAZING and super friendly.

Jasson (Entertainment team) - He made my vacation fun, always made sure i was ok and if i needed anything, he help me participated in the activities knowing i was alone to give me the extra push. lol super friendly, always smiling and kind. Oh, and an amazing dancer.

Guilhermo - La Haveda Mexican restaurant ( by far the nicest and most professional waiter in that resort) He was friendly and polite, i was so blessed to have him as my waiter <3 He's a keeper for sure and made my experience a 5 STAR. ( he deserves a raise )

Rich - Sports Bar ha ah what can i say about that guy, he was funny and always making sure people were having a great time, he made up drinks and always making sure birthday people were having a fun time along with all the other guests.

My maid- unfortunately i don't remember her name, maybe marisel or something along those lines, she was a short lady with such a kind heart. i wish i remembered her name and i feel embarrassed i didn't write it down. maybe the maids could have a card they leave in the room with their names on them since we don't really see them that offten. <3

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Staff need to be told that they get tipped after receiving good service not expect a tip then give good service ,Adult only pool areas don't exist, we were told on booking that there was Adult only pool areas this is not the case!

Room Tip: Maintenance called at 9pm on our last night to repair lighting on balcony which hadn't been working for the whole two weeks
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Julie J
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 7:30 today as scheduled but the room is NOT what we expected at all. There are a slew of issues ranging from used (dirty) single use white slippers, a broken TV, blood stains on the furniture and even a jacuzzi tub that will not drain properly. Oh and Get this, there is a dividing window with sliding doors between the bathroom and sleeping area that won't close all the way, so with an 8 year old in the room, we now have no bathroom privacy.

All that aside, we requested a 3rd floor platinum suite with king and sofa bed or cot and got a run down room on the first floor with two tiny full beds.

They offered us another room tomorrow but there is a catch... we have to leave this one at 9am And we cannot have another room until 3pm, so great first day vacation (and my wife's birthday). We get to experience homelessness for half a day in a new country :) Maybe it'll build character for my son... I'm not sure if we can store our luggage, they didn't offer when I complained that we would miss out on my wife's present of swimming with dolphins without a room...

Please Bookit.com, we need your help, we are stuck here for 11 days...

So, how can this be a 5-star resort? Here is my guess right from bookit site:

Beware - BookIt.com reserves the right to reject, censor, or edit Guest reviews where necessary.

My review could not even post on their site until I made it 3 stars.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family