“Location is tops, kids should be limited”

Nueva Vida de Ramiro
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just got back after staying at NVR for the third time in as many years. Last year, we had some housekeeping issues, as in they just forgot about making up our room and even after we informed the front desk, all we got were some fresh towels. This year management has changed a bit and we had no problems. Bike rental is a bit high for the run down bikes they offered. Beach is just beautiful and lounges on beach are super comfy. The one thing I would suggest is that this property go "adult" with perhaps children over 12. The reason for this is because since there is no air conditioning, windows and doors are always open. Screaming children can be heard throughout. Our last day, a couple occupied the bungalow behind us and they had two young boys who began yelling and screaming at 6:30am. Even when they went to the beach, you could still hear them screaming. The property does not have a pool, TVs, or A/C so what draws people with very young children there in the first place, I don't know. Plus there is a level of partial nudity on the beaches in this area which I would think would steer parents with young children away. For the price charged, we should not have to listen to other people's screaming children. This is just not the kind of place you expect to have to deal with such noise.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Constance S
nvrami, Manager at Nueva Vida de Ramiro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Constance S:

Fisrt of all, thank you for coming back and we are glad that we have improved as you mentioned in your review. Sorry to hear about the noise though, as you well mentioned there were kinds behind the bungalow you chose since they were staying in one of the houses inside the property which are normally booked by families.
Perhaps, if you should want to come back, we recommend you stay in Zona Corazon, the northernmost part of the hotel where we have 8 beachfront suites, from #23 to # 30 and where only adults are allowed. You can check us out our facebook, Nueva Vida de Ramiro Tulum, page where you can see a full album of each one of our accommodations.
Warm regards

There are newer reviews for Nueva Vida de Ramiro

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I ended up here by accident after the hotel that I had booked told me that my room that I had confirmed numerous times was already booked. I had stayed at this hotel last May, and should have booked it on this trio, but I foolishly wanted to try something new. Thank God I ended up again at Nueva Vida de Ramiro!!!!! After numerous visits to Tulum, I can honestly say that it doesn't get much better than this. The staff is amazing, the place is immaculate and it's well located. What could have been a nightmare weekend turned out to be great. I urge anybody that books in Tulum not to trust any hotel owner that tells you that your room is safe without a deposit. you really can't go wrong with this place and the next time I go back, I will be sure to book my trip here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear strevisa:

We loved to have you with us too, good accident indeed. Thank you very much for your review, we are really glad that you had a memorable stay and want to come back. Be alert of an email from us sending you your promotional member code, once you stay with us, we immediately consider you family and will get a 15% off in all your future stays with us.
See you soon

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Doubt I will add much here that others haven't already stated. I loved my beachfront bungalow, nothing like falling asleep and waking up to the sounds of the ocean. To open your eyes in the morning and watch the sunrise from your bed? Priceless. The bed was surrounded by mosquito netting making it a bit magical, although we never had any trouble with mosquitoes during our week long stay. We heard a weird noise one afternoon, it turned out to be a guy fumigating, I asked and these guys fumigate for mosquitoes twice a week but is it wasn't for the noise that lasted than a minute, you could barely smell anything. The bathroom products smelled great . Big plus was I had WIFI in the bungalow. The beach itself is amazing and the lounges available very comfortable, don't forget sunscreen!! Breakfast was more than enough, I read some reviews complaining about the coffee, well, we did not have a problem and you can refill as many times as you want. And if you don't want American coffee, they have a Nespresso machine in the lobby. That said dinner was one of the best I've had. The staff and owner were very friendly and helpful. Overall I would recommend this place but don't expect luxury. If you want air conditioning, and all you can eat, do us a favor and go to the all inclusive hotels and leave this hotel for us people who want to connect with nature and enjoy silence and privacy. We will be back !!!

Room Tip: Beachfront Bungalow!! Simply Amazing!
1  Thank Emmanuel R

Dear Emmanuel R:

Ii was a blast having you and your better half stay here with us, thank you very much for taking some minutes to write such a great review. There is nothing more motivating that reading how our guests enjoy the privacy and silence Nueva Vida has to offer. We truly wish to have you and the rest of your family with us next year. Remember to tell them to check our Facebook page Nueva VIda de Ramiro Tulum, so they can choose the room most suited for them.
Big hugs from all our staff

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The main reason I went to Tulum was to disconnect, recharge & relax… and that is exactly what I got at La Nueva Vida de Ramiro. One of the pioneer places along the Tulum beach, La Nueva Vida de Ramiro offers one of the most relaxed & private surroundings among the miles long beach. The property itself is one of the biggest around with a lush dense flora that hides the already well spaced “cabañas”, making the place a magical paradise with a birds, ebb tide & breeze soundtrack. All the staff was friendly yet discrete, but Mariela’s (one of the managers) warmth smile & great advice on the best fish tacos at “La Eufemia” just down the beach, definitively won my heart. My favorite spot during my week long stay was a hanging full size beach bed with the best white/turquoise/deep blue sea view you can ask for, yet hidden under the Chit palm forest the hotel carefully preserves. Walking the full length of the beach made me realize they have one of the most comfortable spacious spots around. No cramming with other guests here as in many others around. Even though the hotel does not has an inside bar/restaurant, which to me is a plus luxury as it makes it ultra private & quite, Casa Banana just across the street has beach service that includes fresh pineapple melon ginger juice, delicious ceviche & fish/shrimps kebabs, not to mention my nightly fix of one of the best ‘dulce de leche crêpes alla mode’ ever. And to end with a flourish Mariela arranged for me a massage under the shadow of a palm tree in the cool breeze of a late afternoon with her personal masseuse, Mariana. I am already planning my next family retreat to take my kids during the turtle season, as the hotel also sponsors a program of conservation & research with a local organization. All in all, one of the best getaways I have had. Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank solmari70

Dear Solmari70:

What a wonderful review! You certainly cheered all of our staff up, it means our hard work is paying off and it is noticeable, specially our compromise with the environment. We love it when our guests come and asks us why we call ourselves eco, we enjoy showing them around where Juanito, our medicine man plants all his healing herbs, and where all the coconut and chit reforestation is done. Even though we explained about our participation for the conservation of the marine turtle, we hope you can come back with your kids so they can enjoy the experience first hand with the volunteers.
So we will be waiting for you to come back, disconnect and recharge!!! That is exactly what we strive to offer our guests, a gateway to unwind and connect with nature.
Big hugs!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I were married next door at La Zebra in October 2012 and used Nueva Vida to house our many of our guests.

While on a scouting trip earlier in the year, Ricardo offered us a complimentary night in one of the Nueva Vida rooms to get a feel for the place. Unbelievably generous. Who does that? We were given a tour of a few of the rooms while we were there.

There are many different types of rooms to choose from, each one has a different personality. Rustic in just the right way you want a Tulum hotel to be.

Though we were not getting married Nueva Vida, Ricardo was incredibly attentive to the needs of our guests and helping to make our wedding weekend go as smoothly as possible. He's as great at they come.

We had a last minute drop out from our guest list, and Ricardo was amazingly accommodating. Who does that?

They had wedding gifts for my wife and I. Even though we weren't actually getting married there... I mean, seriously... WHO DOES THAT?!

Be sure to ask the story behind the name. It's as beautiful as the place itself.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Longshot78

Dear Longshot78:

Yes, we do that!! jejej. Thank you for making a space in your schedule to write a review about us. We love wedding couples and even if the wedding is in another hotel, a lot of times the guests stay here with us and we give them a little special gift besides the fact that we arrange for group discounts.
Ricardo said you might be coming for your anniversary, so remember to mention it in your reservation because we also treat you with a little welcome gift, either for anniversaries, honeymoons or birthdays. We are more than grateful that guests choose us to celebrate special dates, and even more when they return because they had a great time with us. See you soon!!!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We originally had a garden view suite, Beso which isn't far from the beach and is one of the "newer" buildings on the property. It was fine, a cute no frills room until it rained that is. Once it started raining outside our room became a pool since the roof leaked all around the bed. The staff were great, they were able to get us extra towels that first night to put on the floor, obviously there was nothing they could do at that moment, but they promised to fix it the following day. Unfortunately the problem persisted and actually became worse and by our third night everything was wet and muggy. The staff was very apologetic and they were able to move us to an ocean front room, which thankfully had a very sturdy roof and no leaking ensued for the rest of the trip. This is not a fancy, frills filled resort, it is a cute, quaint, rustic beach front lodge with very clean rooms and a very friendly staff. The beach is pristine and the furniture they have on the beach is very nice and comfortable, chairs, beds and hammocks with plenty of umbrellas and a lifeguard on duty. If you are looking for a nice, quiet, relaxing, clean place to stay, with friendly staff who will go above and beyond to help make you happy, I recommend Nueva Vida.

1  Thank Moni558
Reviewed 16 March 2014

So first Tulum, or more precisely the beach at Tulum. I've been to a number of nice beaches in the Western Hemisphere but I am far from an expert. For what I want for a "beach experience" vacation, Tulum gets it pretty close. First the (southern) beach is a long, walkable, fine white sand, carribean, beach separated from the beach road by a thick and healthy swath of palm trees and tropical vegetation. Buried within this swath of vegetation are approximately 25 beach front hotels that are no higher than a 2.5 story building and nestled within the vegetation. Each hotel offers a slight variation on the Tulum beach experience, but they all seemingly recognize that the uniqueness of Tulum lies in its low key and laid back experience. The density of people on the beach is perfect, falling somewhere between almost no one to a handful walking by. There are no high rise resorts; no loud music and no swim up bars; at least not on the south beach, where NV is.

In this context, NV is definitely dialed in. Its cabanas are nestled into the palms and offer immediate and beautiful beachfront access. Completely agree that a beach front cabana makes a difference for morning sunrises and sea breezes. THe cabanas are not fancy but not primitive either. They are pleasant to be in and we really enjoyed our ocean facing deck. There is only one outlet in the room, so we brought a small plug in power strip for recharging. The wifi worked decently so long as you aren't hoping to download music or videos. The shower had plenty of hot water. Whenever there was anything we needed, we asked and it arrived. Roger was always very helpful. There is a coffee/cappucino machine in the lobby.

We would stay there again, particularly after returning to 40 degrees and rain last night.

One tip: Walk 100 yards south on the beach to the beach-front restaurant, La Zebra. Great breakfasts there; great sitting areas for cocktails in the evening. Two waiters extraordinare: Berza and Santiago. Seek them out! Tell 'em the couple from Carolina de Norte sent you.

Another tip: Some of the best restaurants (e.g. Hartwood) do not take credit cards so have plenty of cash available. (There are ATM's up and down the Tulum beach road that provide USD).

Room Tip: We stayed in # 4 (look at the website's map). It was beachfront upstairs. We'd do it again...
3  Thank Lzemp