“If I could give La Nueva Vida de Ramiro 10 stars I would!”

Nueva Vida de Ramiro
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 10 April 2014

From the minute we got out of the taxi they took care of us with welcome drinks and a bottle of wine. The cabana was right on the beach, 56 steps from our bed to the sea to be precise!

If your plans are to stay on the beach they will bring you drinks and food to the gazebos or beds. If you want to see pyramids, cenotes or snorkel, they will take care of planing it for you.

The location is perfect. Secluded but at the same time walking distance from the best restaurants. Talking about food, they bring fresh fruits and home made bread with jams every morning to your cabana.

On a plus note this hotel is Eco friendly and the one in charge of the preservation of the sea turtles in the whole area. We were lucky enough to presence when they liberated little turtles to the sea at night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
nvrami, Manager at Nueva Vida de Ramiro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Adrialdridgr:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review, It was a pleasure having you with us, we are actually looking forward for the next turtle season which starts in two weeks, you saw the little babies, now we are waiting for the big mammas. Some guests have already spotted them while snorkeling a few feet from shore. Remember we have some great deals in the beachfront bungalows, where you can see them from your terrace.
Best regards;

There are newer reviews for Nueva Vida de Ramiro

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Unbeatable location. Because water and electricity supplies are limited in this area, all the hotels in the area are small in scale. Welcome respite from traffic and congestion of people that you'll find in Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. The sand on these beaches is ultra-fine, almost like talc.

There are about 30 bungalows at Nueva Vida. We stayed in one our first night (#32, $125/night) away from the beach. Unfortunately, it rained quite heavily and the thatched roof leaked quite a bit (fortunately, not over our bed or computer). The owner moved us to room #2 that is probably the premier room on the second level overlooking the beach ($270/night) at no extra charge. Moving our stuff was a pain, but well worth the trouble. Biggest negative was that we did not have warm water in room #2, and we had to endure cold showers.

Wi Fi was reliable and both of us were able to get a bit of work done when we weren't getting tans, reading, or swimming at the beach.

Things aren't always perfect, but how the management responds to challenges says a lot about the organization. I came away impressed with their reaction to our stress test. The staff was friendly and inquiring if we needed anything.

The Casa Banana Restaurant across the street is fantastic. Continental breakfast at the restaurant is included as part of the package, and it is superb. The Simple Restaurant 1/4 mile south down the road has even better food at a lower price. The Zebra Bar next door is a great place for drink and music and dancing on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Overall, I'd highly recommend Nueva Vida to anyone who places high value on location and ambience and isn't a stickler about the finer things in life.

Room Tip: Room #2 Horizonte Perdida is the best room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidBarulich

Dear DavidBarulich:

We really appreciate your review and we are thankful for your patience the day of the rain incident. As you well know we had the maintenance guys work on it right away, an the fact that they did it while it was raining helped fix the problem correctly because they spotted the problem right away. It's a pity you did not tell us about the hot water, all of our rooms have hot water, when the weather is windy it sometimes happens the the gas heater turns off, but it is just a matter of seconds to fix it. So if we have the pleasure of having you again to enjoy your returning guest discount, and it so happens that hot water does not come out, let us know and we will fix it right away.
Warm regards;

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just got back after staying at NVR for the third time in as many years. Last year, we had some housekeeping issues, as in they just forgot about making up our room and even after we informed the front desk, all we got were some fresh towels. This year management has changed a bit and we had no problems. Bike rental is a bit high for the run down bikes they offered. Beach is just beautiful and lounges on beach are super comfy. The one thing I would suggest is that this property go "adult" with perhaps children over 12. The reason for this is because since there is no air conditioning, windows and doors are always open. Screaming children can be heard throughout. Our last day, a couple occupied the bungalow behind us and they had two young boys who began yelling and screaming at 6:30am. Even when they went to the beach, you could still hear them screaming. The property does not have a pool, TVs, or A/C so what draws people with very young children there in the first place, I don't know. Plus there is a level of partial nudity on the beaches in this area which I would think would steer parents with young children away. For the price charged, we should not have to listen to other people's screaming children. This is just not the kind of place you expect to have to deal with such noise.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Constance S
nvrami, Manager at Nueva Vida de Ramiro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Constance S:

Fisrt of all, thank you for coming back and we are glad that we have improved as you mentioned in your review. Sorry to hear about the noise though, as you well mentioned there were kinds behind the bungalow you chose since they were staying in one of the houses inside the property which are normally booked by families.
Perhaps, if you should want to come back, we recommend you stay in Zona Corazon, the northernmost part of the hotel where we have 8 beachfront suites, from #23 to # 30 and where only adults are allowed. You can check us out our facebook, Nueva Vida de Ramiro Tulum, page where you can see a full album of each one of our accommodations.
Warm regards

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I ended up here by accident after the hotel that I had booked told me that my room that I had confirmed numerous times was already booked. I had stayed at this hotel last May, and should have booked it on this trio, but I foolishly wanted to try something new. Thank God I ended up again at Nueva Vida de Ramiro!!!!! After numerous visits to Tulum, I can honestly say that it doesn't get much better than this. The staff is amazing, the place is immaculate and it's well located. What could have been a nightmare weekend turned out to be great. I urge anybody that books in Tulum not to trust any hotel owner that tells you that your room is safe without a deposit. you really can't go wrong with this place and the next time I go back, I will be sure to book my trip here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear strevisa:

We loved to have you with us too, good accident indeed. Thank you very much for your review, we are really glad that you had a memorable stay and want to come back. Be alert of an email from us sending you your promotional member code, once you stay with us, we immediately consider you family and will get a 15% off in all your future stays with us.
See you soon

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Doubt I will add much here that others haven't already stated. I loved my beachfront bungalow, nothing like falling asleep and waking up to the sounds of the ocean. To open your eyes in the morning and watch the sunrise from your bed? Priceless. The bed was surrounded by mosquito netting making it a bit magical, although we never had any trouble with mosquitoes during our week long stay. We heard a weird noise one afternoon, it turned out to be a guy fumigating, I asked and these guys fumigate for mosquitoes twice a week but is it wasn't for the noise that lasted than a minute, you could barely smell anything. The bathroom products smelled great . Big plus was I had WIFI in the bungalow. The beach itself is amazing and the lounges available very comfortable, don't forget sunscreen!! Breakfast was more than enough, I read some reviews complaining about the coffee, well, we did not have a problem and you can refill as many times as you want. And if you don't want American coffee, they have a Nespresso machine in the lobby. That said dinner was one of the best I've had. The staff and owner were very friendly and helpful. Overall I would recommend this place but don't expect luxury. If you want air conditioning, and all you can eat, do us a favor and go to the all inclusive hotels and leave this hotel for us people who want to connect with nature and enjoy silence and privacy. We will be back !!!

Room Tip: Beachfront Bungalow!! Simply Amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emmanuel R

Dear Emmanuel R:

Ii was a blast having you and your better half stay here with us, thank you very much for taking some minutes to write such a great review. There is nothing more motivating that reading how our guests enjoy the privacy and silence Nueva Vida has to offer. We truly wish to have you and the rest of your family with us next year. Remember to tell them to check our Facebook page Nueva VIda de Ramiro Tulum, so they can choose the room most suited for them.
Big hugs from all our staff

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The main reason I went to Tulum was to disconnect, recharge & relax… and that is exactly what I got at La Nueva Vida de Ramiro. One of the pioneer places along the Tulum beach, La Nueva Vida de Ramiro offers one of the most relaxed & private surroundings among the miles long beach. The property itself is one of the biggest around with a lush dense flora that hides the already well spaced “cabañas”, making the place a magical paradise with a birds, ebb tide & breeze soundtrack. All the staff was friendly yet discrete, but Mariela’s (one of the managers) warmth smile & great advice on the best fish tacos at “La Eufemia” just down the beach, definitively won my heart. My favorite spot during my week long stay was a hanging full size beach bed with the best white/turquoise/deep blue sea view you can ask for, yet hidden under the Chit palm forest the hotel carefully preserves. Walking the full length of the beach made me realize they have one of the most comfortable spacious spots around. No cramming with other guests here as in many others around. Even though the hotel does not has an inside bar/restaurant, which to me is a plus luxury as it makes it ultra private & quite, Casa Banana just across the street has beach service that includes fresh pineapple melon ginger juice, delicious ceviche & fish/shrimps kebabs, not to mention my nightly fix of one of the best ‘dulce de leche crêpes alla mode’ ever. And to end with a flourish Mariela arranged for me a massage under the shadow of a palm tree in the cool breeze of a late afternoon with her personal masseuse, Mariana. I am already planning my next family retreat to take my kids during the turtle season, as the hotel also sponsors a program of conservation & research with a local organization. All in all, one of the best getaways I have had. Can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank solmari70

Dear Solmari70:

What a wonderful review! You certainly cheered all of our staff up, it means our hard work is paying off and it is noticeable, specially our compromise with the environment. We love it when our guests come and asks us why we call ourselves eco, we enjoy showing them around where Juanito, our medicine man plants all his healing herbs, and where all the coconut and chit reforestation is done. Even though we explained about our participation for the conservation of the marine turtle, we hope you can come back with your kids so they can enjoy the experience first hand with the volunteers.
So we will be waiting for you to come back, disconnect and recharge!!! That is exactly what we strive to offer our guests, a gateway to unwind and connect with nature.
Big hugs!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I were married next door at La Zebra in October 2012 and used Nueva Vida to house our many of our guests.

While on a scouting trip earlier in the year, Ricardo offered us a complimentary night in one of the Nueva Vida rooms to get a feel for the place. Unbelievably generous. Who does that? We were given a tour of a few of the rooms while we were there.

There are many different types of rooms to choose from, each one has a different personality. Rustic in just the right way you want a Tulum hotel to be.

Though we were not getting married Nueva Vida, Ricardo was incredibly attentive to the needs of our guests and helping to make our wedding weekend go as smoothly as possible. He's as great at they come.

We had a last minute drop out from our guest list, and Ricardo was amazingly accommodating. Who does that?

They had wedding gifts for my wife and I. Even though we weren't actually getting married there... I mean, seriously... WHO DOES THAT?!

Be sure to ask the story behind the name. It's as beautiful as the place itself.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Longshot78

Dear Longshot78:

Yes, we do that!! jejej. Thank you for making a space in your schedule to write a review about us. We love wedding couples and even if the wedding is in another hotel, a lot of times the guests stay here with us and we give them a little special gift besides the fact that we arrange for group discounts.
Ricardo said you might be coming for your anniversary, so remember to mention it in your reservation because we also treat you with a little welcome gift, either for anniversaries, honeymoons or birthdays. We are more than grateful that guests choose us to celebrate special dates, and even more when they return because they had a great time with us. See you soon!!!