“Great experience!”
Review of Edventure Tours

Edventure Tours
Ranked #1 of 99 Tours in Tulum
More attraction details
Owner description: From the ancient Mayan Ruins, to the pristine turquoise waters of the Caribbean- and so much more in between. Snorkel, zipline, Jungle ATV ride, Mayan Ruins~ and ALL in one day if you like!! We want to show you the best this area has to offer! Experience the cenotes- the amazing underground river, snorkel a natural aquarium full of brilliant colored tropical fish. Swim with the majestic sea turtles- watch as they glide effortlessly, eating the sea grasses in their own natural environment. Zipline deep in the jungle with connecting hanging bridges, rappel, rock climb, cliff jump… all in a day’s play! Let us customize a day for you! We’d be honored to share with you, this wonderful Paradise!
Holly, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Booked this tour strictly based on trip advisor reviews and soooo glad we did. Did the extreme tour with Tulum. Moses was a great guide for the ruins, very knowledgable and personable guy. I loved the fact that it's a small group you're in and not some production line outfit. Daniel took over for the rest of our tour and he was great as well. Zip lines first then snorkeling in the cenotes. Such a unique and cool experience. Had a great lunch ( try some habanero sauce on the tacos if you are bold enough. Very tasty!) a short ride to akumal to snorkel with sea turtles. Again very cool! We finished the day snorkeling in a lagoon with so many fish it was unbelievable. It was a highlight of our time in Mexico. Thanks to the whole crew for a great day.

Ottawa
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Mom and Pop Bucket Lister”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Talk abouy a Mom and Pop tour ! First day with son Dan doing the cenotes. Love caves; love snorkelling - a definite bucket lister under expert and patient guidance.

Second outing with "Mom" - an original to the area and full of history, stories... with turtles, reefs, and more..

Tours tailoredd to us.

Not to be missed.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Brilliant fun - dont use anybody else!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We used Edventure Tours for a ziplining and cenotes trip while staying in Tulum.

We were picked up and dropped off at our hotel in Tulum, staff were friendly & professional and meals and drinks were supplied for the course of the day. Our tour guide Edgar was very helpful and informative and the owner Ed was a larger than life character who personally drove us home at the end of the day.

We arrived at the zipline course after a fun off road journey through the jungle in a jeep, which we were allowed to drive! The ziplining itself was great and because it was on land which Ed owned, we were the only group there so it wasnt overcrowed and no waiting in queues to zipline. There were 9 ziplines in total at varying heights and lengths - the staff were very safety aware but lots of fun at the same time. Ceasar was very entertaining!

The Cenotes (again on private land so no overcrowding) were one of the most amazing things I've seen and the experience of snorkelling through these (almost) underground caves was oustanding. The guides were really informative and knowledgable of the area and history of Cenotes. You MUST do this when you are in Mexico as this is the only place on earth which have these.

The lunch was provided in the jungle and was absolutely amazing - Mayan Pork cooked in the ground, one of the best things I ate the whole time I was in Mexico!

I cant recommend this company enough, really made our experience memorable and would defo use them again if we ever returned to the area.

Thanks Ed!

Visited March 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Favorite Day of Vacation”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My mother (56) and I (24) signed up for a whole day "Edventure" (Edventure Zip-line + Tulum + Akumal). The company picked us up promptly at our hotel. We started in the morning at Tulum. The sights were beautiful (you feel like you're on a movie set) and Edventure gets you in there before the crowds come (and boy did they come as we were leaving!).

After that we followed them (Rauel and David) into the jungle with Maya Selva on the all-terrain vehicles to go zip-lining. My mom was nervous about zip-lining, but after seeing how safe and organized they were she was absolutely fine. The zip-line course was wonderful - so many different bridges and heights. The crew was really entertaining throughout the entire thing as well. They did a really good job of getting everyone involved. Rauel had plenty of jokes to keep everyone laughing.

After zip-lining we did a short rock climb and rappel. My mom had never done that sort of thing, so it was really cool to see her get up there and do it (the staff made her so comfortable, she turned into quite the dare-devil).

Following that were the cenotes! We got to see Celestial and la Bonita, I think...If you are going to be in the Riviera Maya do not miss the cenotes. While swimming through them you feel like you are on another planet. I've been trying to explain them to people back home without any luck. You just have to see them for yourself. The crew did a wonderful job guiding everyone through them and making sure we were getting the most out of the experience.

After all of that it was time for lunch. We were served pulled-pork tacos, cactus, and other fixings. It was delicious to say the least.

We climbed back on to the ATVs so that we could head over to Akumal. We were with a group of 12 during zip-lining, rock climbing, and the cenotes. By Akumal there were only 6 (not everyone had signed up for the turtles). It was so nice to not be part of a huge group like some tour companies do. 12 felt so intimate! It helped that the crew was so personable as well. By Akumal it was bittersweet to part with half of us, we had so much fun together it felt almost as if we were friends!

David remained with us for Akumal. All of the guides were really wonderful, but David was my favorite. He was so kind and attentive, which was perfect for my mother and I because sometimes we can be the type that require extra attention. My mom had wanted to wear her own mask at Akumal for the sea turtles. Once out in the ocean, her mask started to leak. David was sweet enough to trade with her, even though he needed to see to find the turtles. The mask continued to leak for poor David, but it didn't slow him down one bit. He even swam down with my underwater camera to get some better pictures for me (as tourists we should stay around 5 feet+ away from the turtles so that we don't spook them). From what we counted, we saw 10 sea turtles that day! I have always been terrified of the ocean, but I felt safe with David. He was clearly experienced and, unlike large tour groups, I felt that I was well supervised. I have never felt that comfortable in the ocean, and I may never again. Thanks to David, I was able to enjoy snorkeling for the first time in my life! Now I know what all the fuss is about.

Thank you so much to Rauel and David and everyone else at Edventure Tours! We had a blast. If we are ever back at Riviera Maya we will be sure to go back to you! We have been recommending you guys to everyone we know headed towards la costa turquesa.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gabs1331
Red Deer, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Day of Vacation”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

What a great day! We chose the Snorkelling tour with the add-ons of Tulum ruins and Akumal Bay. We were picked up at our resort at exactly the time we were told. There were several other guests in the van - so we thought that we would be snorkelling with a few other people, but when we got to Edventure office - we found that each of us in the van had chosen different tours. We met Eduardo and we were introduced to Nelson, who would be our guide for the day. There were just 2 of us, my husband and I - and we started with a self guided tour of the Tulum ruins. We walked around Tulum for about an hour - which was plenty of time to take a look at the ruins, and it was getting really hot out - so we were glad to do this first thing in the morning.
After the ruins, we set out with Nelson, our guide and photographer, and Santos, who would be our driver for the day. On the way to the Cenotes - Nelson gave us a quick lesson in snorkelling, how to set up our equipment and explained exactly what we would be doing for the day. We have not done a lot of snorkelling so this was extremely helpful. The cenotes were mind- blowing, so amazing and Nelson was constantly pointing out interesting sites and also taking our pictures. He also took us into the 'bat cave' which was eerie, but also fantastic.
Our next stop was Akumal Bay to see the giant sea turtles. The water was kind of rough that day, but Nelson spotted several turtles and pointed them out to us and we got some great pictures! I didn't spot even one, but Nelson explained how the movement in the sand and the bubbles were the key to spotting them. We actually ended up within a couple feet of these amazing sea creatures!
After Akumal, we went for lunch. Hard to properly explain the setting without seeing it, but we ended up in the midst of the trees, a small bistro in the jungle - about 8 tables in the trees. The Cervesa was ice cold and the authentic Mayan lunch was fantastic. We were actually just steps away from our last stop of the day, which was Yal ku Lagoon - this is where fresh water meets salt water - so the water is somewhat cloudy, but there was no problem in finding sites to see here. We saw so many tropical fish, all different colours - a stingray - and we ended up on the edge of a school of sardines - seemed like we were surrounded by a million fish!
What an amazing day. Not only the sites and sounds - but Nelson's knowledge of snorkelling and sea life - along with his knowledge of the Mayan culture made this day the best day of our vacation.
I cant give this trip a high enough rating. Eduardo and Bonnie made booking this a breeze, and Nelson made the day amazing. Also thanks to Santos for making sure all of our belongings were safe and sound in the van all day.
When you book with Edventure tours - make sure you include the photos. For $30 you wont believe the pictures!
Cant wait to go back!