My girlfriend and I just spend a couple of days at Playa Mambo in Tulum and we had a great time! The hotel is very nice! We changed to Playa Mambo from another hotel and therefore had to switch to another cabana after 2 days. Both of them where at the beach-front. The new owners have done a lot of renovation work there during the last months as far as we heard so some of the older comments might be outdated.
The beach at the hotel is wonderful, we could even observe several turtles depositing their eggs on the beach at night-time.
- small and quiet hotel
- great beach
- nice, clean and simple but still stylish cabanas
- good base to go diving into cenotes and the sea
- great staff (especially house-keeper "Augustin" who explained us lots of things about turtles and live in Mexico - however I guess you need to be able to speak Spanish if you want to benefit from this ;-)
- moderate pricing compared to other hotels in the surrounding
- queen-size beds with good mattresse
Areas to improve:
- provision of drinking water in the rooms would be nice (however we simply bought a 25 liter tank in the shop next door so this issue can easily be sorted out)
- Also Known As:
- Playa Mambo Hotel Tulum