“Best hotel in the Tulum Centre” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lo Nuestro Petite Hotel

Lo Nuestro Petite Hotel
Ranked #72 of 91 Hotels in Tulum
Brussels, Belgium
“Best hotel in the Tulum Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Hotel super well located, with Mexican charm, lovely hostess, Ms Mirka! Super clean, large welcoming rooms, arranged with style. Hotel is located close to the bus station and Tulum centre, from where it is easy to move around. Highly recommended! We had lovely stay there! Dziekujemy Pani Mirko!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AgathaPL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Personal is very unkind.expecially the lady.she is awful..it seems she is doing you a favour...this made the all staying very unconfortable. Stay away from this place, there are so many different places to stay there

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Elieli0504
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Very friendly on arrival.
Booked 2 nights but decided to cut short to one night after booking online.
To say this was difficult was an understatement!
Room good size, with ensuite.
Taxi to beach and ruins.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Stuman1
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My partner and I stayed at Lo Nuestro when we visited Mexico in March. He and I enjoyed our stay; the proprietors were excellent.

Our room, though simple, provided great comfort and was a steal. The hotel is very well kept and the room was extremely clean. Although we had a small leak in our sink while there, Jorge made sure to take care of it right away! We only wanted to let the owners know so that they did not have troubles down the road. Still, Jorge made sure to fix the leak within one day.

There is a beautiful courtyard where you can sit out and have breakfast for a very nominal fee. The coffee is excellent.

The location of this hotel is within walking distance to the downtown area. The downside is that it isn't close to the beach. However, if you like biking, it is very inexpensive to rent bikes (my partner and I did just that!!) and you can get to the beach in no time. Also, taxi rates are inexpensive and readily available.

I've seen many reviews of this hotel and I think that the owners are a bit misunderstood. They are a very intelligent couple who hold strong personal beliefs on "outsiders." If you are deterred by debates and individuals who are biased against excess, then you may not have a good stay here. However, if you are interested in the world, people and do not find yourself looking for extreme glamor and pampering, you'll love this space... it is for you. If you're looking for a resort removed from Mexico and what Tulum has to offer then you'll be at home here.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Andrea V
Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

If you're interested in being based downtown, this is a quiet, if a little overpriced, option. It's easy to a take a taxi to the beach so I preferred being closer to more restaurants and nightlife. It is a small family owned hotel and the owners are a little fussy. They keep the gate locked and sometimes aren't there to open it, they have a long spiel when you get to your room about what to do and not do. Can't flush toilet paper. Hammocks ont he balcony were a nice touch. Rooms are very simple. Bathroom mirror was the size of a salad plate.

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony with a hammock.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JohnR7714
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Clean room, but strange layout, with an open solution to the bathroom which was not too convenient. AC was making a lot of noise. We were greeted by the couple who owns it when we arrived in the afternoon. They had been drinking, and the woman (which never presented herself with her name) could hardly stay straight. She was constantly repeating whatever we said. It was quite bizarre. But the situation got even more awkward when we asked about their laundry service. The woman got very mad, for no reason, giving us a lecture on the tropical climate, and that we could not wash our clothes in the room - which was not what we wanted anyway. The next day we wanted to order their breakfast. When asking what was included in the "mexican breakast" the woman gets bothered, leans on a table, sighs, and asks us "how many times have you been in Mexico?". We didn't want another lecture so we decide to have breakfast elsewere as the atmosphere was not very pleasant, and we didn't feel very welcome. The man was quite helpful and freindly though. But we felt like we were intruding their space when entering and leaving the hotel, which was not a good feeling.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
12 Thank Snowna
Ottawa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

I booked 3 nights at Lo Nuestro with a friend of mine in January 2013. In terms of cleanliness, all is good. The room was also very cute. The mattress was a little hard but nothing to prevent me from having a good night of sleep. Location is good for Tulum centro. Note that the bathroom walls don't go all the way to the roof so you will hear the other person if you share a room... not sure if it's like that in all rooms. Where I was disapointed was with the service I received from the owner (the woman, not Jorge).

On the first night we were there, I washed my delicates by hand in the sink (i think its pretty normal to do that, but maybe I'm the weirdo here). I was hopping to give the rest of my laundry to the owner the morning after since they offer the laundry service.

When I got out of my room in the morning to get a coffee, the owner started to lecture me about the fact that I had done some laundry (delicates) in my room. (She had seen them drying on my balcony). At first I almost thought it was a joke, but she continued on saying "i seemed like such a nice guest" (washing my panties and bras by hand makes me an awful visitor?), saying that washing clothes in the sink was prohibited and that I knew it, and that it would ruin the sink and she would have to call in someone to fix it. (I had seen a small sign in the room with the rules, one was: do not wash. I truly thought that it meant do not clean the room since the mop and cleaning products were stored in our bathroom. I read the spanish translation later which was way clearer: no lave la ropa). Anyway, she went on and on, even asking if it was because I was too cheap to pay for the laundry. I was very insulted and stopped her saying I didn't deserve that treatment. She then continued to complain to her partner/husband in Spanish thinking I didn't understand (I do understand Spanish).

It was the weirdest thing and worst treatment I have ever had in a hotel. That woman speaks French and French is my first language so it was not a communication problem. The reviews i had read were good and I was not prepared for that. Too bad because the place is very nice. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends