“Wonderful experiences!”

Milan, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful experiences!”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I just came back from a 2 week trip to Yucatan and I must say that the 2 tours we took with Manuel as a guide were the best! He is very nice and professional and helps you understand what you have around in a very special and personal way. After meeting Manuel with the Community Tours Sian Kaan, we liked him so much that we asked him to organize a personlized tour for us. He brought us to visit 2 wonderful cenotes, the first among mangroves where we could see lots of coloured fish and birds, and the second a cave cenote where we could swim among stalactites and stalagmites, a unique and magic expererience! I absolutely recommend a tour with Manuel and Manzano's Expeditions for his competence, perfect organization, reasonable prices, and great approach to nature and enviroment!

Visited January 2013

Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Floating tour of Si'an Ka'an with Manuel”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We booked a tour with Si'an Ka'an and were blessed with Manuel, who now also works with Manzano's Expeditions. Since he is only freelance for Si'an Ka'an, we wanted to write a review for him here, because Manuel absolutely made our trip! The tour with him was the highlight of our visit to Tulum. This was a trip in which every minute was amazing. As a biologist and lover of archaeology and anthropology, our tour of the ruins at the biosphere was endlessly fascinating and fun. Manuel really helped us understand the history of Tulum and the Mayan people in a way that we just couldn't do with another tour at the Tulum ruins or Coba (the other sights we visited). He spoke so passionately and entertainingly-everyone in the group, none of whom we knew before, agreed that this was truly the highlight of our trips. The tour at Si'an Ka'an is an absolute must, as is any tour you can get with Manuel. You just cannot leave Tulum without some tour with Manuel (and I am sure his colleagues are excellent as well).

Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Day!”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We organized a private tour through Manuel via email and he was there waiting at the resort on the correct date and time. We had two small vans which held approx 10 people per van. Both vans had a driver and a guide. Everyone was very friendly. It was a long day from our resort in Tulum (gone 7am -7pm) but very worth it!! The places he took us were not over run with tourists and the cenote was beautiful! Amazing we were able to be the only ones there. The repelling was safe and fun. Even one of the group members we had who was 62 went! The swim at the bottom was very refreshing. We had a morning snack at a real local mayan house. It was delicious and even drinks were included. Lunch was also delicious and we had no complaints from anyone in the group. Ek'Balam was great. A few of our group had been to Chitzen Itza and they enjoyed Ek'Balam better. Passed a few other tourists, but no real crowds. On the way back to the hotel we stopped at a tequila factory and had samples, plus were able to buy souvenirs. Overall it was a great tour and with a lot of variety. A fair bit of driving, but that's more the area of the Mayan Riviera. Definitely worth the money!!

Visited October 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The day we will never forget!”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Our first trip to the Mayan Riviera included my husband, myself, our two daughters (ages 9 and 7) and my Parents. We wanted to use a tour company to take us on a day trip but I didn't want to be on a bus with a hundred strangers. I also wanted to make sure, because I had never been to this area before, that we were safe. I thank fate for finding Manzano's Expeditions! Manuel, the owner of Manzano's, and his wonderful driver Roberto picked us up at our hotel and the moment we met them, they had our trust. We had three stops planned that day: The first stop was snorkeling in the Grand Cenote. Manuel gave us a quick lesson in snorkeling and off we went. It was the most breathtakingly beautiful world I have ever seen. Above us we saw the cave ceiling with bats flying about. Below us we saw a glowing abyss of clear blue water. It was magical. The second stop was Coba. I chose Coba because I thought being in the jungle would add extra excitement to it; I was not wrong. However, it was Manuel that made the ruins and the jungle come alive. His passion for the history of Coba was contagious and his knowledge of the jungle vegetation was very informative. I was fascinated with the beautiful trees, even the poisonous one. After leaving Coba we went to Punta Laguna which is a howler and spider monkey reserve run by the Mayan people. It was such a unique experience walking through the jungle at dusk. We saw spider monkeys and watched leaf cutter ants carry leaves along their path on the jungle floor. At the end of our jungle tour we met a Mayan elder who shared something sacred with us. It wasn’t planned but Manuel knew we would appreciate it- and we absolutely did. It was dark by the time we left to go back to Playa del Carmen but we had one more surprise along the way. We stopped in Tulum because Manuel wanted to share with us, what turned out to be, the best ice cream in the world. This extra stop was also not planned. He could have decided to just take us back to our hotel because it was late but he wanted to give us one last great memory. Anyone who is interested in booking a tour in the Mayan Riviera should book with Manzano’s Expeditions. It would be impossible to regret it. One of Manuel’s best traits is his ability to communicate with everyone- oldest to youngest. He was really great with our daughters and knew how to involve them in everything we did. It was a day that we will all remember forever. I am going back to Mexico this summer with my sister and will be booking a tour with Manuel to go swim with the whale sharks! I will be counting down the days.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Tasha A
New York, New York, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We did so much stuff that I have no idea how (or if?) he turns a profit. Manuel is really nice and does these tours out of passion. In one day, we explored a cenote, ate a Mayan lunch, visited Ek Balam, stopped by a tequila making factory, and got a nice treat. Our driver for that day, Carlos, was alsIo awesome. We ended up having Carlos drive us to Akumal, Chichen Itza, and Valladolid. I'd definitely recommend going on one of Manuel's tours. We left from Tulum, just FYI.

Visited January 2012