Hotel Posada 06 Tulum
US$398
US$214
US$192
  • Beachfront
Posada Yum Kin(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$314
US$306
US$184
Travelocity
All reviewsvery nice hotelthe main dragair conplace in towntwo blockswalking distancefront desk staffcoffee machinerooms are spacioussmall poolado bus stationconvenience storecomplimentary breakfaststayed here for nightsdowntown tulumwater pressurerent a bike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed 1 night at the end of February. Room #1. It looked quite a nice hotel on the internet, but definitely with a local feel and surroundings. We arrived at night - there was a feeling that the hotel is located in the dark alley, not a street.... It looked a bit better daytime, but definitely felt very local (with hens, roosters, huge rabbits roaming the surrounding lots). First time in Tulum, heard a lot about laid back atmosphere. However, the hotel did not promote this feeling: after staying in 4 different hotels in other towns, this was the first time I was asked for a passport upon check in, so the clerk can make a copy of it
(it took them 10 min to work the scanner/printer). For us, 3 girls traveling, where we had a paid in full reservation, after an intense day of hiking, climbing, diving and just dying to get into the shower and rest, that was not the welcome you would expect; by the way - safety deposit box key available only with a $50 USD deposit... almost defeats the purpose. Wifi did not work - supposedly there an area outage. AC was ok at the beginning but close to the morning - became so loud, I woke up, thinking that someone must have parked a truck with an engine on right in front of the main lobby - oh, it appeared it was our AC. We were supposed to have a triple room - the stone base sofa bed had a wooden frame type of structure under the thin mattress, so the sleeping on it was quite impossible. We had to take it out - it was much better. There was an intense shoe shine type of smell in the room - must be cleaning products they use on this stone/clay type of interior. Overall was a bit strange, having no proper ventilation - window goes into the small inner court of the hotel - where some guests were smoking, and the smoke just staying in... (so much for non smoking environments). Overall, not bad, but If I comeback to Tulum, will definitely try something else.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Regbe
posada06, Proprietario at Hotel Posada 06 Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Each commentary is always welcome.

We are very sorry for the drawback caused to the customer at front desk but the Mexican laws force us to take the generality at the guests.
The customers have reserved a room with a queen size bed and a sofa bed. We asked if they wanted to change ta room with a two queen size beds, but they would not.
For the noise of the air conditioning is not been reported at front desk and we could not intervene.
We hope to host them again.

Best regards Posada 06 Tulum.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on our last trip to Tulum. This is a very safe small hotel just one block off main street behind Scotiabank. We liked the upstairs room. It was private and very new. AC and a tv is more than we have ever had in many, many visits to Tulum. It was a bit of a treat since we had just landed and had some business to do before escaping down the beach. They only provide instant coffee and juice boxes but there are many places to eat close by. It was nice to be in Tulum for the evening, The locals are all out at the restaurants and bars, strolling the sidewalks. The management were exceptionally pleasant. It is only 50 pesos by cab to any beach on the strip so it was simple to spend our whole first day down at Playa Maya. This is a very good place to be if you can't get beachfront. It cost a bit less and the beach is still only minutes away.

Room Tip: We liked the room at the top of the stairs when you come in.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Canadian-in-Tulum
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Hotel Posada 06 Tulum is a great mixture of laid-back ease with upscale chic, all at a decent price. My teen daughters and I totally enjoyed this hotel. The owners and staff are very charming, very helpful. I'd love to return for a long stint. Note: you need a car here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank schoolmama
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I was happy with our choice overall. It was a nice, quiet, comfortable hotel, that was a good value.

A few things to note:

Positive:
-Staff: Very friendly and helpful.
-Safety: Although the road may seem sketchy at first, totally felt 100% safe the entire time.
-Parking: There were only 4-5 parking spaces, but didn't seem to be a problem as not everyone had a car. We never had a problem getting a space.
-Room: Safe was available in the room for no extra charge, nothing was ever disturbed in the room. The "sweets" basket was nice for breakfast. Air conditioning worked GREAT.

To be aware of:
- This hotel is at one end of the city. When we went to the other end of the city, we did drive a few times, but several times we walked to the other end, it was definitely do-able.
-The "coffee" is one of the reasons I picked this hotel - I am a bit of an addict. However, while there is a coffee pot available, it is used to heat up water for instant coffee which is provided. I personally do not consider instant coffee to be coffee. :-) So, bring your own coffee and filters for a four-cup Mr Coffee - or plan on going to the OXXO every morning if you must have brewed coffee.
-This is not a concern for everyone - but for those for whom it matters... This hotel - like many others in the area - does not provide washcloths. I personally use a washcloth every day. I had forgotten this - if you are the type who likes washcloths, I would suggest heading to Walmart and buying a set of those cheap ones and bringing as many as you would plan on using.
-Internet access wasn't great around 8/9 pm consistently - I assume because a lot of people were trying to use the wireless at that time. Just something to be aware of - if it's important - try earlier in the day or later at night.
-They do not have laundry service available, if you need laundry done you will have to find a place in town to drop it off. If you pay attention the first time you walk through town, either on the main street, or one street off, you will find several laundries where you can drop off. I'd suggest looking early, so you know where they are if/when you need them.

Overall I was very pleased with this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were in room 1 which as a diver, I LOVED, it was feet from the entrance. It WAS a bit dark, as others have mentioned, but that did not bother me. Some reviews have mentioned privacy concerns, and I would say the rooms on the second floor are more private, but I was fine and our room was probably the *least* private.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kate p
Reviewed 30 December 2012

The staff at this hotel was so amazing and willing to go that extra step to make your stay enjoyable. They were so helpful and truly friendly. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. The only thing that would have been better is if it were located on the beach.

Room Tip: This small hotel has only 12 rooms and is very quiet. All the rooms get quite a bit of light and have a view of the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo