it was fantastic staying at El Pez in Tulum. I have been travelling with my brother through Mexico and we spoiled ourselves with a couple of days on the beach. El Pez was the perfect choice.
The whole strip of beach is lined with hotels, hostels and cabanas but El Pez might be the best for the following reasons, which none of the other hotels have:
- the small bay is different than the rest of the beach. semi closed of by two rock parties, the water is quite and in the morning and late afternoon a favourite spot for the local brown pelicans that dive in the water after sardines. A spectacular sight from the cabana with a beer in your hand.
- The rocks are popular, so it is visited by people throughout the day, which is really nice to see.
- it shares the bay with only 1 other hotel, so it is quite and just away from all the other hotels.
- Still it's near to everything.
The room itself is spacious, clean and with great views. The staff is nice (even though maybe a bit too pleasing, but that might be me not being used to it) and the restaurant served the best ceviche I had in Mexico.
Also, I did some price comparisons in advance and recall that this one of the cheaper boutique hotels.
All in all, if you have trouble with deciding which hotel on the beach to stay, I believe that El Pez will be a very good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pez evokes the feeling of a private villa on the beach, with all the amenities of a small boutique hotel. Featuring six Luxury Cabanas, four Sea Front King Rooms and Two Sea View King Rooms, suitable for solo travelers, couples and families, El Pez is situated at picturesque Turtle Cove, where the Mayan fisherman and pelicans create a visually stunning seascape from the hotel balconies and around the hotel grounds. The setting is both intimate and romantic and a stunning backdrop for family gatherings & romantic getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your El Pez Colibri Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pez At Turtle Cove Hotel Tulum
- Pez Ocean Palace Tulum