“Just amazing!”

Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Tulum
Fairhope, Alabama
“Just amazing!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a special place! The staff is fantastic! Everyone.....is helpful, friendly and attentive. The location is wonderful. Every meal was fresh and delicious. Our cabana was perfect for our family of three. Each morning a basket with fresh coffee and juice is delivered to your door... Sitting on your porch watching the sunrise is heavenly, did I mention how close the surf is to your door....could not be any closer. The whole experience was great. If you enjoy hospitality, natural beauty, small intimate hotels and serene simplicity this is the place to visit. I highly recommend El Pez. We can not wait to return to this Mexican gem in Tulum.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ElPezTulum, El Pez team at El Pez Colibri Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Lee, thanks a lot for such lovely comments about our dear hotel. It was great to be part of your family vacation, thanks also for your insight and suggestions. Please let us know whenever you are planning on returning to Tulum.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Antwerpen
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were here for our honeymoon and stayed for 6 nights.
After traveling trough Mexico this was the perfect place to kick back and relax.

The setting is just gorgeous. The restaurant, the patio, the beach...
It's all very intimate. We loved our room with our little porch and felt so at home here.

The food and cocktails here are amazing, we ate lunch in El Pez every day just because it was so good.

But the most amazing this is the SERVICE. Orfe, Lina, Marco, Jose ...
the ENTIRE staff is so lovely.
They arranged trips for us and did everything to make us feel welcome and at home.
We had so much fun talking and laughing with them.
I cried for 15 minutes when we left :)

It's a little bit more expensive but so worth it!!!
We'll miss you and hope to come back one day to paradise.

Cassy & Jef

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dearest Cassey and Jeff, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such lovely comments about our hotel. We were really fortunate to be part of your honeymoon. We are really happy we have met you and count you among El Pez closest friends. ( Also we are very happy your precious cat is back home and safe). Please, let us know whenever you are planning on commingt o Tulum, we would love to host your vacation again.
All our love
El Pez Team
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

To start I missed my flight outta tijuana and had to drop $900 to get another flight all the while with my 6 year old at 1:40 in the morning. After landing I made the grave mistake of attempting a bus ride to save money. Don't! Time is everything I lost three hours.

After arriving to a different location I headed to Cozumel for what I thought was to be a lovely snorkeling adventure. Suprise they cancelled my reservation! Thanks a million hotel Blue Royal! Grr. After another three hours in a smoldering lobby w no WiFi I had enough. I got back onto the ferry and taxied back to Tulum.

I luckily used trip advisor and found the gem of a place. Like many I travel to get away from hectic crowds and tourism, and this specific area is the best for that. The beach itself isn't really for swimming which is why I like it. The waves crash as you sleep and zero noise of people nor loud music give you needed peace of mind.

Lina was so lovely she really helped me and my boy out. She sent us to some great local spots that again were top notch. Definitely do the cenotes! She had a mo-ped delivered which was a huge boost to the fun. Makes parking at the beach a pleasure. Cabs are annoying and costly even for 200 yards . if you rent one be sure to check your tires for tread for many reasons! You don't need a flat from old tires and sand gets slippery.

The food! This chef here is top notch. I was completely blown away at the cuisine. Also a friendly staff in the dining area.

The rooms were great as well. Nice layout I prefer second floors for breeze and less bugs. Trust me in this. Always plenty of water and towels provided and clean!

This is central to both the south ruins and beaches to the European nightlife to the North.

Thank you El Pez!
I'll be back

Thomas Leach

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Thomas L
ElPezTulum, El Pez team at El Pez Colibri Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hola Thomas! Thanks a lot for your kind comments about our home, El Pez. We really enjoy doing what we do and it gets so much easier with lovely guests like sweet Bowie and yourself. We all hope every issue has been resolved and now you are planning your next vacation to Tulum, hopefully with us as your host.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Arrive at El Pez expecting a warm welcome and a complementary piña colada! The groovy and luxurious cabanas are perfectly located and sit right in front of the beach! The food is excellent and the breakfast is included. The staff was also very welcoming and insured our great stay here at El Pez!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Aninhaesperanza
Dear Stephan, thank you so much for your positive comments about our dear hotel and choosing us to host part of your vacation in Mexico. It was lovey meeting you, your dad and your cousin.Please receive the best wishes for your entire family from the whole team.
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I have had the pleasure at staying at many hotels in my day and el paz is right atop that list. I stayed in the New beach house and this is a wonderful display of how less is more.

The room was absolutely fantastic. The balcony overlooking the sea so peaceful, we even a turtle lay it's eggs! The king bed couldn't have been more comfortable and i slept like a baby with cool ocean breeze. The bathroom was my favorite of anyplace I've ever visited. It was so simply decorated, but so perfect!

The staff was on another level and couldn't have been more helpful. Each day they planned it activities for us as we enjoyed breakfast overlooking the beautiful, crystal clear water. Anything I wanted they were there to help with a big smile.

I couldn't recommend this place any more. It's just a stretch of beach away from the main strip but that makes such a huge difference!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eric G
Dear Eric, thank you so much for your review, it was great to be part of this wonderful project of yours. Everybody at El Pez is so excited about your journey and we are following every step, hopefully we will be able to be your host again in another of your adventures.
Stamford,Ct.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Tulum is a magical place no matter where you land your head but luckily for us, we landed our heads in El Pez. A truly lovely spot with a truly lovely staff. It's the perfect balance of chill and great service! Orfelina, Donovan, and Eduardo...thank you for making us feel like we were amongst friends. We will come back! Hasta la vista!
Olivera Y Joxu-Ha

Room Tip: Ask for the beach House. You can use the communal kitchen which is well equipped. Also has a living...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OZOXOX
Dear Olivera and Joxu, we were delighted to have you in our home, you filled El Pez with a lovely energy. We appreciate a lot that you took the time to write about your expirience with us. Please let us know whenever you are comming back to Tulum, we would love to be your host again.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The people at el pez cannot do enough for you. The upstairs room (#10) was really great with a fab breeze and excellent shower. Slept really well and the continental breakfast included in the price is great too. Cocktails are lovely and bar staff really friendly too. All in all would come back to el pez! Slightly more expensive than other hotels but had our best stay here and were on honeymoon so didn't mind.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Caroline, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the place we call home. It was a great pleasure to be part of your honey moon and we realy hope we helped create an unforgettable expirience. Please let us know whenever y ou are chosing El Pez to host your vacation again, I am sure we will have a special promotion for you and your husband.