“Good for divers”
Review of Hotel Posadas Addy

Hotel Posadas Addy
Ranked #98 of 102 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is a good hotel and close to the dive centre and rooms are basic but very clean and tidy so this was great for me. There is a large courtyard area and wifi, although it comes and goes. The breakfast next door was basic but good. Down sides: only one safety box in reception, lots of noise with drills going on until 2200 but that seemed to stop when I complained but as I say if your primary goal is diving and not staying in a fancy place, this is ideal

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jonssey

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for a week during a dive trip. The hotel's location was great. It was several blocks from our dive shop and a 2 to 10 minute walk from most of the restaurants we visited (except a few on the beach and I would not recommend going to the beach to eat).

While this is not a hotel that I would take my wife, it was perfect for my dive buddy and me. Rooms were small, the mattresses were hard but the rooms were very clean and the maids did a good job tidying up the room each day.

For a dive trip, this hotel is a 4 but for your spouse, it would be a 2 at best.

The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Also, there is a grocery store next door and a small fruit market 50 feet away.

A breakfast is included in the price. They served OJ and/or coffee and either eggs with pork, ham, or a leafy vegetable or fruit/yogurt.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed here while diving in Tulum. I chose one of the king-rooms upstairs, since the first floor only has windows to patio. Second floor room was wonderful which a plenty of light and a little balcony. It was clean and comfortable too. I enjoyed being able to open the windows to both directions for fresh breeze.

The service was friendly, wifi worked in the lobby and there was complimentary drinking water and bicykles for rent, too.

Good value for the walk-in price.

Room Tip: If you like daylight, go upstairs. Ground floor is good for the gave-divers who love darkness ;)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife stayed at this hotel in 2/1/14 ., the hotel is close to everything but that is the only good thing about this hotel., the mattresses are too old and the sheets smells too bad , the noise from the street and from the bars is also very bad I do not recommend this hotel for a couple maybe for a single person who wants to party all night long.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariner20010
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We were forced to stay in this hotel due to an impending Hurricane. We are fairly open minded when it comes to hotels but this place was truly awful. The room absolutely stank of disinfectant and gave us both headaches. The sheets were dirty and torn, the bathroom was totally flooded which came from beneath the toilet somewhere. Due to the humidity we turned on the Air Con which promptly dumped a number of cockroaches onto the floor. It was just so dirty and smelly we couldnt wait to leave. There was nothing good about it and we considered sleeping in the car instead. Vile place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 4 March 2011

This hotel is a good base to explore Tulum. It is clean, the staff are very polite and the price of 350 pesos/night make the hotel Addy a safe choice. It is located right at the beginning of the commercial strip into Tulum on an adjacent side street away from the traffic noise. You can enjoy the beach during the day (south of mayatulum km 5.5 is best) for a 45 peso taxi ride. Evenings you can enjoy the culture and restaurants near the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dainius J
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I stayed here with my 20-year-old son and it suited our needs perfectly. It was economical and very clean. We were just there to sleep. The AC worked great. The gentleman at the front desk was helpful and even watched our belongings when Carlos, the hotel's taxi driver, took us to our snorkeling destination. Carlos then returned for us a couple hours later, waited till we gathered our luggage and drove us to the bus station, refusing to take payment for the 6-block ride. The hotel is located on block off the main drag, right next to a laundromat and within a couple blocks of a Buenos Aires restaurant that served us one of the best steaks I have ever had. I recommend Hotel Addy!

• Stayed: February 2011