“will not be back!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Puerto Morelos, Mexico
“will not be back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I got the arrachera steak with salad, and my husband got the arrachera tacos, both of them appeared on photo in the menu, when he got his tacos, it looked like pico de gallo and chunks of meat heated in the microwave, nothing like in the photo, i had to wake up and find the waiter and i explained to him that it's not what it looks like in the menu, and i asked him to grill it more, when we had the tacos back i was already done with my steak and we didn't see any change on the tacos appareance.

Plus, im mexican and the waiter didnt even look at my husband when asking questions, he asked ME where i was from, knowing that my husband is american and doesn't speak spanish, he was taking that advantage to flirt at me.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Pamela M

• Polish first
Wroclaw, Poland
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

My wife and I stopped here for lunch after running some errands in the local area. My wife is a native of Mexico whom has lived her entire life in the Yucatan and I have been traveling within Mexico for approximately thirty years. I ordered the beef Arrachera tacos based on the menu picture and accompanying description. The menu displayed grilled chunks of meat - slightly charred on the outside and pink on the inside. What I was served was entirely different from what was advertised. The meat was slimy with a soft, revolting spongy texture and obviously well undercooked. It was disgusting. We sent it back for additional cooking but it returned only slightly warmer as if it had been placed in a microwave oven for a few seconds instead of being placed on the grill. Although the waiter seemed incapable of ensuring my meal was adequately cooked he WAS quite adept at peering down my wife's blouse at every opportunity and attempting to elicit personal information from her. He was a pig. Of course, the next morning I had stomach cramps and associated unpleasantness as a result of eating in this dive. Bottom line: bad food and bad service. Stay away.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank PhrixusPrime
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

OMGOMGOMG!! I still think about it now.

The fabulous dippy things they bring to start with, the soft bif de chorizo, the griddled squash and courgette, or zuchini to our north american cousins.

The malbec is out of this world. Staff are adorable although complained about a £5 tip even though service is included. But otherwise go its just divine!

• Visited January 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Cool little open air eatery in Tulum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2009

My buddy and i stopped in here to eat when were visiting Tulum. The food was pretty good and i like the open air part of it. I got the fish with blue cheese sauce and my friend got the fajitas which we both liked. Would definately recommend it. We each had two beers and our bill was 300 pesos or about 26 USD.

G Man