“Awesome Cenote”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Awesome Cenote”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Went with Edventures. Great spot to snorkle. Amazing colors. lots of space. really dark sometimes. great for divers. look out for the bat cave and the sunlight coming through. Stunning views !!

• Czech first
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Incredible”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We went to several cenotes in Tulum area, and Dos Ojos was by far the most interesting. I definitely recommend having a guide go along, which costs $45/person including the admittance charge, but was totally worth it because otherwise you would never find the "bat cave".

1 Thank Jonnymar
Seattle
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“What the Heck!!!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I went with Riviera Adventours and Virginia was my Caretaker/Dive Master for the day. Salvador was the lead dive master of the two dive Cenote site: "Barbie Line" and the "Bat Cave." Not sure where to start. . .first off . .this was my second day with Riviera Adventours . .Francisco took me and one other couple to three snorkel sites and the Tulum Ruins. Great day . .very efficient use of time. Today was scuba day . . I was the only guest . . .wow! I thought there was no way, any site . .scuba or snorkel could compare to "Centotes Sac-Actun." I was wrong . .Cenotes Dos Ojos is a must do scuba dive. It just is! I'm just sayin it blew me away! The beauty of the opening to the Cenote blew me away. I have my open water PADI certificate . . I have not been on many dives . . I did a refresher in Seattle at Bubbles Below . .I am extremely glad I did. Its a Cave dive. Scale of 1-100 . . I thought my anxiety level would be at 1 . . I'm a tough guy . .gotta tell ya . .I went to 30 very fast! Sucking way too much air! Virgina was behind me . .noticed how much air I was using and held my arm for the first 15 minutes during the dive to calm me down . .I know . . just keepin it real . . I sincerely appreciated this kindness . . . Salvador, is a great guy, very experienced dive master . .but he would be like me . .suck it up, lets do it. I appreciated Virgina's soft skill a great deal. Ok . .after the first dive, the Barbie Line, I was like . .ok . .ok . .I am perfectly happy with our first 45 minute dive. . . . I felt awesome . .a great accomplishment . . Do we really have to do another 45 minute cave dive??!! I was thinking this, didn't say it . . Testosterone kicked in, kept my mouth shut! The second dive, the Bat Cave was great too . .I enjoyed this more than I thought . .I was calmer which allowed me to fully enjoy the dive. These Cenotes in Mexico are crazy awesome . . If you have never scuba a Cenote, I can highly recommend Dos Ojos and Riviera Adventours.

1 Thank Todd A
Geneva, Switzerland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A perfect cenote for a first cavern-dive!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Dos Ojos is a magnificent cenote with stalagmites and stalagtites. The rock formations down there are breathtaking.

It is usually explored in 2 dives.

Needham, Massachusetts
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazingly beautiful!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This park has three underground caves that are amazing to explore by snorkel. We stopped at the information center and booked a guided tour which included a guide and gear including a wetsuit which was definitely needed. The waters are cold. A guide is needed to get to the bat cave so I highly recommend the tour. The tour took us through many different passages and around beautiful rock formations, stalagmites, and stalactites. There are some tiny fish to see. The waters are clear and turquoise blue. The park is right off the highway and easy to get to. If in the Tulum Akumal area I highly recommend trying this.

Visited July 2013