“An Amazing Trip to Paradise!!”

Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel
Ranked #67 of 96 Hotels in Tulum
Denver, Colorado
“An Amazing Trip to Paradise!!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at Las Ranitas for 7 nights. I was extremely happy with the facilities, location, service, and food.

I stayed in one of the rooms that had an ocean view and it had a spacious bathroom (I was wondering what I was going to find). Everywhere that I went within the hotel was very clean. It rained (pouring) two of the days that I was there and some water got in, but nothing to be alarmed about. The beds, my stuff and myself all remained dry. The room was clean and there was a safe for my belongings. My room did not have any air conditioning. I didn't have a problem since there were many windows to let the ocean breeze in and a ceiling fan. I heard that some people are upset about no tvs at these hotels-- um yeah, there are no tvs. Why you would go to Tulum and want a TV is a mystery to me. Plenty to do with out any tvs. There is wifi and the signal is the strongest in the reception/restaurant area. However I was able to get a signal in my room and sometimes on the beach.

I loved waking up to a view of the ocean. The beach was very clean and the swimming was easy and I was able to walk quite a ways into the water before it started getting deep. It is also easy to explore the other places along the beach. Just walk up the beach and pop into any of the other hotels to check out their restaurants or shops. Las Ranitas is surrounded by other hotels and resorts. I definitely would not call it isolated as I read in another review.

I would highly recommend renting a bike and biking into and out of town. However at night a taxi was easy to find and I didn't have any problems getting to/ from my destinations into town.

The service was great. I never had any issues with getting what I needed. The waitstaff and front desk staff made me feel like I was a very special guest. Every one was very nice and helpful.

The food was pretty good. Prices along the beach are going to be high. It is the tourist spot. I recommend eating at the resort but going into town for food is the best and you will get the most for your money. I ate many meals at the resort and in town and I never had any issues.

Overall, the experience was better than what I was even hoping for. I loved it. I will definitely go back and will recommend Las Rasnitas. I am so sad that I had to leave.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
Hamburg
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We booked the hotel online and were disappointed when we arrived. The hotel does not have AC, rooms are old and hotel and restaurant are completely overpriced. Bathrooms do not have doors, just curtains. The hotel is located right at the beach with a beautiful view. Staff is very friendly but constantly reminds you that tip is not included.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anika M
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 September 2013

in Ranitas you don't have to be cool, you can be your self!
Ranitas has the best beach, beach sunbeds, restaurant, food, view, vegetation, privacy, staff, and the best location! . . .. . . .. . .. . .. . .. .. .

Room Tip: the older rooms with partial ocean view have the best quality/value in Tulum!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andres R
LasRanitasTulum, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Hi Andres R, thanks for your nice comment about your stay in Las Ranitas, We are pleased to know that our hotel provide an exceptional experience. We would be happy to receive you back on a future.
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had a G-R-E-A-T time in Tulum and Las Ranitas. The hotel and the surroundings are beautiful. The beach is picture perfect and the hotel is sitting RIGHT on the beach. We stayed in room 23, second floor which had a great view of the beach and complete privacy. Bed is super comfortable, bath is huge and very spacious (salty water in the shower and sink, just a heads up!). We tried about 5-6 restaurants other than the hotel one, and the food in Las Ranitas was by far the best. They also make some of the best cocktails!
Last are the staff, which are all extremely friendly, shout out to Onil and Carlos. Great guys.
One of the easiest places to recommend I've ever been in.
Thanks!

Room Tip: Room 23 is on the top floor of the most north set of rooms, great view, big balcony and very private...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
LasRanitasTulum, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Hi ArielandDanna.
Thank you for your feedback about your stay in Las Ranitas Eco-Boutique Hotel. Our staff is grateful for your nice comments. The goal in Las Ranitas is give you the best experience, with a unique service and quality. We would be happy to receive you on a future trip to Tulum, hopefully soon!
Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at Las Ranitas for our honeymoon and it was perfect. From the minute we arrived we were welcomed with friendly staff and amazing views.

We stayed in room 7 on the second floor. Whilst a basic room, it was perfect for us - we had purposely not chosen a massive 'all inclusive hotel' as we wanted something boutique. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was spacious. We had a view out onto the beach, through palm trees and were right next to the pool. The room was cleaned every day and we loved getting back to the room to find out which animal had been created with our towels!

The food was delicious. We couldn't fault anything. Every meal was freshly prepared and beautifully presented.

The beach has to be one of the best reasons to stay at Las Ranitas. The circular beds are the most comfortable loungers I have ever been on. The sea is amazingly clear. And the sea turtles at night were a wonder to watch.

I have to say a special mention to the staff for making us feel so welcome. Nothing was too much trouble.

Our honeymoon was amazing and Las Ranitas was paradise. We didn't want to leave and can't wait to return

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kirsty N
LasRanitasTulum, Guest Relations Manager at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Hi Kristy N,
Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to know that you spent your honeymoon with us and enjoyed our service and facilities.
Our main goal is to provide an exceptional experience. We would be happy to receive you back on a future trip to Tulum.
Morrison, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Just returned to the U.S. from a solo 8,000 mile motorcycle trip through the U.S. and Central America, including Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama. One of the nicest places I stayed on the trip was at Las Ranitas in Tulum. Right on the beach, with waves gently crashing on the shore. Large central thatched roof atrium with bar. Sat surfing the internet, drinking beer, listening to the waves crash on the shore. Light rain on the thatched roof. Insanely nice. My room was separate. Didn't have wifi, but had hot water showers and air conditioning, as I recall. One of the most relaxing places I stayed on my 2 month solo journey. Many thanks. :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Hi Rob K.
Thank you for sending your kind comments. It is nice for us to know that your stay at Las Ranitas helped you relax in your long journey. We hope you can visit us in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have stayed at Las Ranitas 9 times. I keep returning for the peaceful environment, grand accommodations and hospitality, the magnificent beach, dining experience and the Eco-friendly atmosphere. Each room is special, there is no disappointment in any selection or price range. Truly one of the best hotels on the beach in Tulum. The staff is friendly, caring and always ready to serve. The food is delicious, the whole visit here to your own piece of paradise is one to remember if you are looking for a wonderful experience! One that will make you want to return again and again...and I do.

Room Tip: Coqui 1, or 2 or the new suites just completed this past year...awesome!!!! I prefer lower levels t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SamanthaandLorenzo
LasRanitasTulum, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Hi SamanthaandLorenzo, We are very pleased that Las Ranitas Eco Boutique Hotel is your choice to stay in Tulum. Our team is grateful of receive your nice comments!. In Las Ranitas Eco Boutique Hotel is very important to provide a unique service to make your stay with us as pleasant as possible. It will be a pleasure to serve you on your next visit and improve their expectations and previous experiences.