“Beautiful stretch of beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel

Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel
Ranked #58 of 90 Hotels in Tulum
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful stretch of beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at Las Ranitas and found it really comfortable and on a really perfect stretch of beach. It's quite far down the beach road in the quite section but getting taxis is no trouble and relatively inexpensive to get around. It's close to sian kaan reserve and I recommend hiring bikes and exploring the area, it's so safe and easy to get around.

We had a beach view room which was clean and very comfortable, great hot water showers and wi fi in the room.

I loved that everywhere in tulum you don't need to wear shoes at the resort, everything is on sand! This resort is a bigger resort than we were used to but you never really noticed the other guests until breakfast time.

The menu was slightly more western than Mexican and wasn't as good as we had elsewhere.

A good option for couples and families.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ManlyMissK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Just came back from our trip...The hotel is perfectly located on the beach side, our room opened to the sand. I must start this review with saying everything in Tulum is very rustic so I'm rating the hotel accordingly. It is not like a 5 star hotel, it is a cute smaller boutique hotel, with little issues here and there, but with a great staff that really tries to accomodate and help. Our room seemed way smaller than what the pics looked like. Didn't have air conditioning and only one power outlet. Kind of an annoyance, but then again, we come to Tulum to disconnect from it all. We slept with the door opened as it would get hot in the room if we didn't, but you get to hear the waves breaking and nothing is better than that for a good night of sleep. I'm suprised about another review stating the food at the restaurant was bad...The restaurant's food was great, the breakfast there were the best we had in town. It did get a little pricier than the other breakfast places, but I felt the food was considerably healthier and fresher, I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. Yummy cocktails and healthy smoothies. We had an annoyance during our stay because apparently due to a storm, the internet cable got cut off or something, and we didn't get wifi in our room during our stay (only the first 2 days). So that was annoying, to get out of the room every time I needed to get internet signal. The staff is great, well trained and ready to help you with anything you need. The beds at the beach and super comfortable and had food service :) We will be back. One tip: I'd rent a car. Pretty much you'll need a taxi to get to anywhere and I wished we would have just rented a car from the start. The road from the airport to here is extremely easy and taxis tend to add up after a while.

Room Tip: Room 8 had kitchen noisy at night so we switch to room 4. Same value, much better sleep :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Silvieincali
Louisville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Our family booked five rooms for a stay in beautiful Tulum. WE have been traveling as a family to Mexico for thirty years. The beach was basically outside our door, but the rest of the services were substandard. If you want an air conditioned room, you will pay a great deal more and there is limited availability. The air conditioning did not work in three of the rooms and we were constantly requesting maintenance. The food services were terrible. We ate two meals at the hotel, one at the restaurant and one by room service. Both meals required a two to two and a half hour wait and was never correct and/or not cooked. We have children in our party and waiting two hours was impossible. They also conveniently would not be able to understand English. Their website offered beach equipment and bikes, both of which were not available. Three quarters of our family had to find other accommodations to have food services. I definitely would not recommend the hotel for families or groups.

Room Tip: If you are traveling to Mexico, choose a facility with breakfast included and make sure the rooms ar...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Pam L
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here quite by accident after our original hotel the La Encantada was not avail for our full trip. We booked the Coqui 3 room with the Private Pool. WOW our jaws dropped when we walked into the room, and saw how well it was appointed. Like something out of a Magazine! then we walked out the back door.. OMG Most stunning view ever, and a PRIVATE pool, and all this just feet from the sandy white private beach that we had nearly to ourselves. TRUST ME look NO FURTHER than Las Ranitas, it's boutique but still had great accommodations and service. even the WI-FI worked perfectly all the way down on the Beach! Fish Tacos and Beer brought to you on the beach by the waiters. breakfast too! Save a little money and go to the grocery store to stock up on beer and snack, pick up a styro cooler some ice and a case of beer keep it in your room. this place is DELUXE! Also Rent a car at the airport. (We chose a jeep) save teh time and money of taxis and shuttles. it's a SUPER easy 1.5 hour drive from Cancun to Tulum. one road only, you can't get lost. It was so much nicer, since tulum is a bit too spread out to walk around. GET THE RENTAL CAR!

Room Tip: Coqui 3 is where it's at.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Giod
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at Las Ranitas for 7 nights. I was extremely happy with the facilities, location, service, and food.

I stayed in one of the rooms that had an ocean view and it had a spacious bathroom (I was wondering what I was going to find). Everywhere that I went within the hotel was very clean. It rained (pouring) two of the days that I was there and some water got in, but nothing to be alarmed about. The beds, my stuff and myself all remained dry. The room was clean and there was a safe for my belongings. My room did not have any air conditioning. I didn't have a problem since there were many windows to let the ocean breeze in and a ceiling fan. I heard that some people are upset about no tvs at these hotels-- um yeah, there are no tvs. Why you would go to Tulum and want a TV is a mystery to me. Plenty to do with out any tvs. There is wifi and the signal is the strongest in the reception/restaurant area. However I was able to get a signal in my room and sometimes on the beach.

I loved waking up to a view of the ocean. The beach was very clean and the swimming was easy and I was able to walk quite a ways into the water before it started getting deep. It is also easy to explore the other places along the beach. Just walk up the beach and pop into any of the other hotels to check out their restaurants or shops. Las Ranitas is surrounded by other hotels and resorts. I definitely would not call it isolated as I read in another review.

I would highly recommend renting a bike and biking into and out of town. However at night a taxi was easy to find and I didn't have any problems getting to/ from my destinations into town.

The service was great. I never had any issues with getting what I needed. The waitstaff and front desk staff made me feel like I was a very special guest. Every one was very nice and helpful.

The food was pretty good. Prices along the beach are going to be high. It is the tourist spot. I recommend eating at the resort but going into town for food is the best and you will get the most for your money. I ate many meals at the resort and in town and I never had any issues.

Overall, the experience was better than what I was even hoping for. I loved it. I will definitely go back and will recommend Las Rasnitas. I am so sad that I had to leave.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hamburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We booked the hotel online and were disappointed when we arrived. The hotel does not have AC, rooms are old and hotel and restaurant are completely overpriced. Bathrooms do not have doors, just curtains. The hotel is located right at the beach with a beautiful view. Staff is very friendly but constantly reminds you that tip is not included.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Anika M
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

in Ranitas you don't have to be cool, you can be your self!
Ranitas has the best beach, beach sunbeds, restaurant, food, view, vegetation, privacy, staff, and the best location! . . .. . . .. . .. . .. . .. .. .

Room Tip: the older rooms with partial ocean view have the best quality/value in Tulum!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andres R
LasRanitasTulum, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Las Ranitas Eco-boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Hi Andres R, thanks for your nice comment about your stay in Las Ranitas, We are pleased to know that our hotel provide an exceptional experience. We would be happy to receive you back on a future.