“Spectacular”

Ranked #67 of 96 Hotels in Tulum
Denver, Colorado
“Spectacular”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I hosted our wedding at Las Ranitas in March 2014.

Asking friends and family to spend money on a flight and then on a room is no small feat and we felt very responsible to choose the hotel that would lead to the most fun and happy weekend possible for our guests. We walked up and down the beach in Tulum when choosing a location, and at the end of the day, Las Ranitas was by far the best option.

In fact, after honeymooning at a 5 star near Playa, we would have rather stayed at Las Ranitas for our honeymoon. We stayed in a Cristales ground floor room and it was just as nice as our digs at the Riviera Maya location, but the beach is HANDS DOWN better than anything we found in Playa.

Value and room quality: The nicer rooms (Cristales, Coqui) are a best value for incredible rooms. Their more basic rooms are a bit overpriced for what you can get elsewhere, but their ocean facing views and doors that don't allow creepy crawlers into your room make them so much better than many other places.

Beach: This is the best part of the beach in Tulum. It's not nearly as crowded as it is further north, and the surf is more pleasant to swim in.

Restaurant: Their chef is INCREDIBLE. He serves up a mean Peruvian ceviche (which we consider ourselves to be aficionados of one of us being Peruvian...) and the chicken mole was spectacular.

Our guests told us that they loved the food served at the wedding and they loved the beach at Las Ranitas. The staff was really helpful. Again, we would have skipped the Riviera Maya portion of our honeymoon entirely and spent the whole beach portion of our trip here if we could do it all over again.

If anyone has questions on the pros and cons of having a wedding here, message me and I will be happy to share. All in all, we are very happy we had the wedding there and wouldn't change a thing other than a few mix-ups on alcohol which could be avoided in the future by the hotel better in my opinion. The vendors they brought in for candles, chuppah, flowers were excellent and again the food was amazing. And the views... just don't get much better than this!

Room Tip: Cristales rooms are expensive but worth every penny!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Hebrew first
Denver
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is a wonderful hotel with amazing views, comfortable accommodations and helpful staff. We stayed at Las Ranitas b/c our friends were having a wedding there, and what a big SCORE! The rooms were super comfortable and breezy, so if you don't get one with AC, don't worry about it, you don't need it. The property is right on the beach and has a ton of amenities, such as a small but cute pool area, a yoga studio, a great restaurant and a bar area.

The resto has good fresh food, but I wouldn't stay it's to die for - so if you're up for it, go explore the city. The various smoothies and juices are yummy and the service is impeccable. They really go above and beyond to help you be comfortable and relaxed.

The wedding was perfection - it was beautiful, the hotel set up a huppa on the beach and decorated it with flowers. There is an area in the restaurant that was used as a dance plaza, and it worked out really well. The beach was decorated too with cool orb lamps and lights.

I recommend you try the yoga at this place too. I know there are many hotels that offer yoga, but the guy who teaches here is excellent - perhaps one of the best yoga classes I've ever taken. It's $15 per class, and there are daily classes at 10:30 am.

I don't have enough good things to say about this place - go, relax, enjoy, rejuvenate and find balance and harmony. Las Ranitas is perfect for romantic get aways as well as families and is kid friendly. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: If you don't get a room w/ AC, don't worry about it, you don't need it. The breeze is en...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here back in 2010 but I had such a good time I wanted to write a review. We had booked one of the cheapest little huts as that was all our budget would allow. When we arrived at our hut somehow the lock on the door broke and I got locked inside. Luckily my partner was on the outside and went to get help. After about half an hour they had to take the lock completely out of the door but eventually I was freed. My partner and I found the whole episode quite funny but the manager took it very seriously and upgraded us to a luxury apartment as a gesture of goodwill.
Throughout our stay all the staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating. The security guard was a lovely guy who helped us all the time and always had a kind word. There were tennis courts, a swimming pool and above all, a superb beach right on the doorstep.

A beautiful place that I would return to.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I always choose Las Ranitas for many reasons. The location is on the best beach in Tulum, the rooms and layout are the best in Tulum. Ranitas is located on a long and wide private beach with purest whitest sand and best swimming with nothing but sand under your feet.This is a place for everyone from couples, families, friends and also if you are going solo. You are in a true paradise that is relaxing yet close to all the attractions along the beach such as great ding, shopping water sports that are very close by. Tulum is evolving all the time and so is Las Ranitas. They have begun a renovation of the property that is modern yet is earthy in the decor and color finishes. Very beautiful. The bathrooms are almost spa like. Each suite and room is comfortably arranged and you cannot forget the breathtaking views from each rooms. At Las Ranitas the management and staff are quite attentive and very welcoming. Don't hesitate to seek their advice on what is happening in and around Tulum. You are truly in a tropical setting here. Relax you are in for the best place in Tulum. From so one who has been here many times. It just keeps getting!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are on the beach, they have newer suites that you may inquire about. I prefer one of t...
4 Thank SamanthaandLorenzo
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Las Ranitas is located on the southern edge of the tourist scene at Tulum Beach. It is still within walking distance to many outstanding restaurants, including Simple, which was "to die for".

The beach at Las Ranitas is outstanding. It is super soft and fine. There was a constant on shore wind, making the beach very comfortable. There are plenty of chaise lounges, day beds and simple sunshades to go around. There are also waiters serving those on the beach.

We found the service to be friendly and accommodating. The restaurant is under a huge rancho, and is a very cool vibe. The food was very good, but there are plenty of amazing restaurants nearly by. My only wish was that the restaurant served coffee before 7 AM.

Now the room. We stayed in Coqui 1. It was the perfect layout for my family of 4. My only complaint is that the building itself, though renovated, still had old windows that did not allow for us to fully open the room, to take advantage of the incredible sea breeze. I recommend the Cristal rooms, which are new structures, or the Coqui upper level, which have had the doors/windows replaced. It appears that the smaller Arlequin rooms all have the old louvered glass style windows.

Overall, the resort was outstanding in may ways....the location, beach, rancho, restaurant, and pool. And we would certainly stay at Las Ranitas again. I would go for a Cristal lower level next time though.

Room Tip: Coqui Upper floors or Cristal Rooms, as they have new doors/windows.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We did not have a beach club at our hotel and we luckily found this heaven.
First of all the beach is beautiful here
The beach club is open to the public as long as you consume 300 pesos. Great deal!
You get towels, beach chairs and beds. And a server that brings you food (yum) and drinks.

My husband had a pinada every day (pina colada w/o alcohol)
I was delighted by the clamato preparado and by the suero (mineral water w salt and lemon)
We loved their guacamole, club sandwich, calamari .
The staff is friendly and the best beach awaits you for you to relax!

We looked at the room and it was 700 per night so that is a bit high for us for a luxurious cabana (hat)

1 Thank VanessaTorres L
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was my first time to Tulum and I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised our room was overlooking the beach with a wall of sliding glass doors. Great view of the ocean from the bed. We slept most nights with just the screen door, which is perfect this time of year. Our room was very clean and roomy. The bathroom was huge with two sinks a soaking tub and separate tiled shower. The toilet was in a separate room with a door. The beach was beautifully maintained with white sand and plenty of chairs. The restaurant food was pretty good. It had a variety of choices with fresh ingredients and good sauces. The location is more towards one end of the road so we did a lot of walking, but they also offer bikes. The staff was amazingly helpful. We wanted to go to Chichen Itza and had a missed a tour. They helped us secure transportation at a cheaper rate. One thing to note is that the beach resorts at Tulum are more relaxed. It is a chill vibe perfect for relaxing and enjoying he beauty surrounding you.

Room Tip: I would choose a room in one of the separate bungalows away from the restaurant. We had the Cristal...