Las Ranitas Eco Boutique Hotel
US$209
US$780
US$743
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a great day here. The pool was clean and lovely. The loungers on the beach with shade were great. The wind was blowing super strong but still a nice experience.

We had two large spinach type juices which were very good, but $150P.

We had the calamari and grilled fish tacos, a beer and margarita for $500p. We're told $60p was added on for the kitchen. A bit steep but we did enjoy the use of the amenities. absolutely beautiful location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iceqween13
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I hosted our wedding at Las Ranitas in March 2014.

Asking friends and family to spend money on a flight and then on a room is no small feat and we felt very responsible to choose the hotel that would lead to the most fun and happy weekend possible for our guests. We walked up and down the beach in Tulum when choosing a location, and at the end of the day, Las Ranitas was by far the best option.

In fact, after honeymooning at a 5 star near Playa, we would have rather stayed at Las Ranitas for our honeymoon. We stayed in a Cristales ground floor room and it was just as nice as our digs at the Riviera Maya location, but the beach is HANDS DOWN better than anything we found in Playa.

Value and room quality: The nicer rooms (Cristales, Coqui) are a best value for incredible rooms. Their more basic rooms are a bit overpriced for what you can get elsewhere, but their ocean facing views and doors that don't allow creepy crawlers into your room make them so much better than many other places.

Beach: This is the best part of the beach in Tulum. It's not nearly as crowded as it is further north, and the surf is more pleasant to swim in.

Restaurant: Their chef is INCREDIBLE. He serves up a mean Peruvian ceviche (which we consider ourselves to be aficionados of one of us being Peruvian...) and the chicken mole was spectacular.

Our guests told us that they loved the food served at the wedding and they loved the beach at Las Ranitas. The staff was really helpful. Again, we would have skipped the Riviera Maya portion of our honeymoon entirely and spent the whole beach portion of our trip here if we could do it all over again.

If anyone has questions on the pros and cons of having a wedding here, message me and I will be happy to share. All in all, we are very happy we had the wedding there and wouldn't change a thing other than a few mix-ups on alcohol which could be avoided in the future by the hotel better in my opinion. The vendors they brought in for candles, chuppah, flowers were excellent and again the food was amazing. And the views... just don't get much better than this!

Room Tip: Cristales rooms are expensive but worth every penny!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is a wonderful hotel with amazing views, comfortable accommodations and helpful staff. We stayed at Las Ranitas b/c our friends were having a wedding there, and what a big SCORE! The rooms were super comfortable and breezy, so if you don't get one with AC, don't worry about it, you don't need it. The property is right on the beach and has a ton of amenities, such as a small but cute pool area, a yoga studio, a great restaurant and a bar area.

The resto has good fresh food, but I wouldn't stay it's to die for - so if you're up for it, go explore the city. The various smoothies and juices are yummy and the service is impeccable. They really go above and beyond to help you be comfortable and relaxed.

The wedding was perfection - it was beautiful, the hotel set up a huppa on the beach and decorated it with flowers. There is an area in the restaurant that was used as a dance plaza, and it worked out really well. The beach was decorated too with cool orb lamps and lights.

I recommend you try the yoga at this place too. I know there are many hotels that offer yoga, but the guy who teaches here is excellent - perhaps one of the best yoga classes I've ever taken. It's $15 per class, and there are daily classes at 10:30 am.

I don't have enough good things to say about this place - go, relax, enjoy, rejuvenate and find balance and harmony. Las Ranitas is perfect for romantic get aways as well as families and is kid friendly. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: If you don't get a room w/ AC, don't worry about it, you don't need it. The breeze is enough to keep you cool and comfortable. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms and were happy with it - just enough room for both of us, no wasted space, gorgeous surroundings and simple but awesome.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed here back in 2010 but I had such a good time I wanted to write a review. We had booked one of the cheapest little huts as that was all our budget would allow. When we arrived at our hut somehow the lock on the door broke and I got locked inside. Luckily my partner was on the outside and went to get help. After about half an hour they had to take the lock completely out of the door but eventually I was freed. My partner and I found the whole episode quite funny but the manager took it very seriously and upgraded us to a luxury apartment as a gesture of goodwill.
Throughout our stay all the staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating. The security guard was a lovely guy who helped us all the time and always had a kind word. There were tennis courts, a swimming pool and above all, a superb beach right on the doorstep.

A beautiful place that I would return to.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I always choose Las Ranitas for many reasons. The location is on the best beach in Tulum, the rooms and layout are the best in Tulum. Ranitas is located on a long and wide private beach with purest whitest sand and best swimming with nothing but sand under your feet.This is a place for everyone from couples, families, friends and also if you are going solo. You are in a true paradise that is relaxing yet close to all the attractions along the beach such as great ding, shopping water sports that are very close by. Tulum is evolving all the time and so is Las Ranitas. They have begun a renovation of the property that is modern yet is earthy in the decor and color finishes. Very beautiful. The bathrooms are almost spa like. Each suite and room is comfortably arranged and you cannot forget the breathtaking views from each rooms. At Las Ranitas the management and staff are quite attentive and very welcoming. Don't hesitate to seek their advice on what is happening in and around Tulum. You are truly in a tropical setting here. Relax you are in for the best place in Tulum. From so one who has been here many times. It just keeps getting!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are on the beach, they have newer suites that you may inquire about. I prefer one of these but I also really Coqui 3. The rooms can range from small, medium to large depending on your preference, like how many people in your party, your finances, and size space you prefer. They can accommodate anyone's needs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple