“Can I move in?”

Itour Mexico
Ranked #8 of 84 Tulum B&B and Inns
“Can I move in?”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying here and it's my first day and I'm already in love with the place! The staff are lovely and go out of their way to help you... Giving you maps and recommending places to eat and drink... Ask about the cocktail bar they makes cocktails using sugar cane... Amazing!
The rooms are completely spotless... The bed is massive.. The air con is near silent... Wi fi is really strong... Room a good size as well as the bathroom.
It is 3.5 km from the beach... I decided to walk it... Was an experience in 32 degree heat! But it was worth it and the hotel provide bikes which I should have used... Will def tomorrow! The hotel is walking distance to lovely little restaurants and I think that's what makes it nicer as you can now on the beach during the day, and not just stay in your hotel on the beach, but explore the town which has an amazing feel.
I can't recommend this hotel enough it really is lovely!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Thisisaname

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 July 2013

So it is possible for a small, inexpensive hotel in the Mexican jungle to be free of bugs. Wow! Imagine that! Besides being spotlessly clean, with perfectly running air conditioning and copious hot water, they provide free bikes to use which you can ride to the ruins and the beach on, agua fresca throughout the day, and a bite to eat for breakfast. It's only a sandwich and a croissant, but hey it's something. There's free wifi, and even a couple laptops for those lacking computers of their own. The owners are helpful and friendly, and they were totally cool with me getting there at 2 in the morning (I was badly delayed because of circumstances beyond my control). They even had no problem letting me stay till 2PM the next day, maybe because it's low season. In any case, it was nice because it allowed me to use the shower after visiting the ruins. I only wish I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gregsf11
London
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is a wonderful B&B, conveniently situated on the main road as you drive into Tulum, providing excellent accommodation at a very reasonable price. Close to the ruins, cenotes and beaches. Our room was large & included a small seating area, TV, air-con, fan and free wi-fi. Great hot shower. All spotlessly clean. Free parking area in front - supermarket across the road. If you're feeling fit you can use the bikes for free and the staff are extremely knowledgeable and very willing to assist you with your tours. In the morning the coffee was great, the breakfast was adequate although we did have to share the space with some of the tours groups who had stopped at Itour for a bathroom break and a coffee on their way to the ruins. Overall - highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I don't usually write reviews but I felt compelled to leave one for iTour. I stayed at iTour for five days with my sister and loved every minute of it. It's great for if you're on a budget. The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable and the location was perfect. It's a quick bike ride to the beach (and they provide they bike for free!). iTour has a happy and helpful staff. I even lost my bike lock and offered to pay for it but they refused my offer. I was impressed as I am usually nickel and dimed by most places I stay at. They really do treat you like family there. I would absolutely stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good B&B.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank randy w
Monterey, California
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We had a wonderful short stay at Itour Mexico. The owners were friendly and extremely accommodating...and, took the time to chat with us without making us feel patronized or rushed. Genuinely glad to have our business.

The price was real reasonable...about $50.00 per night and included a bite for breakfast. Only negative that I can think of is that it is located at a very busy intersection, so expect traffic noise. Didn't really bother us because we had known that before we booked. I do not recall hearing the noise while trying to sleep...though, I use earplugs, always.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Looked at hostels in Tulúm but saw the great reviews for this place and it was only a few quid more. Very pleased with our decision! An awesome hotel! Extremely friendly and helpful staff - gave us loads of info about Tulúm and trips - honest and not at all pushy for the trips they organise. They even told us how to see some of the trips ourselves for free. Room was clean and comfy. Great location - few minutes walk into the main town and closer to the beach than the main town. Free bikes for easy transport to cenotes, the ruins and the beach. Really enjoyed our stay, would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

We're planning to stay there for 2 nights during our 2 week travelling around Mexico, but ended up staying 4! Location is great: couple of miles away from beautiful beaches, Tulum ruinas and walking distance to town. You can get there but bikes provided free in the hotel. Team was great: friendly and helpful. Room, although basic, was clean and spacious with air conditioning.
The restaurant next door offers fresh stone bake pizzas, which were delicious!
We loved it all and definitely be back for more:)
Oxana and Matt, England