First the good stuff: yes, there is a perfect beach just outside your bungalow, with clear ocean and white sand. But this is not the only place around Tulum, and you will find myriads of other establishments with the same perfect beach and sea.
Now, the rest.
Be aware that some booking agencies specify that this hotel is within the Tulum National Park, and that ruins are just a short walk away. That is wrong: the place is really far away and the only option to get to the ruins is taxi. We were surprised when the taxi dropped us off 10 km south of the ruins, but the hotel personnel who checked us in wasn't: she said that many agencies wrongly show their location. She added that they've "been trying to change that but somehow the location stays the same"...
Still, if long distance to the ruins isn't a problem for you, you should still be aware of the following:
This is a noisy place! We changed cabanas twice and still didn't get a good night's sleep during 3 nights because of:
- cars and dogs running and barking on the street all night. I imagine that the ocean view cabanas are better regarding to this, but ours was supposed to be "garden view", but actually turned out to be some kind of "street view" cabana, with all the noise that comes from having the only coastal road running from Tulum to Boca Pala outside your cabana with paper-thin walls.
- room no. 9 is just outside the parking lot and close to the reception, so in addition to the "street view"-syndrome described above, you get cars coming and leaving at various hours during the night, as well as all the calls and talk that takes room in the reception.
- rooms located in the opposite edge of the hotel area have (or, at least had, during our stay) a diesel power generator running 24/7 just outside. Basically, this is like trying to sleep on a truck stop with an engine running next to your ear.
- lying staff. After the second night next to the "truck stop", we pointed out to hotel personnel that the power generator is an unthinkable utility outside one's bungalow. We were told that "this is in place just today, as the real generator which is more quite broke down last night". Well... no, because we were there the night before too, and the generator was already up and running. When we confronted the staff about this, they started to talk something about language misunderstanding.
To sum up: if you enjoy noise during your sleep, this is perfect place as you will encounter a wide variation of noise ranging from animalistic (e.g. barking dogs) to mechanical (e.g. power generators).
Else, stay away! There are so many nice hotels around Tulum, with the same perfect beach, that coming here is a waste of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 22 rooms, our oceanfront hotel has a wide beach of white sand and crystalline sea, peaceful garden with palm trees, Restaurant-Bar oceanfront Mexican fusion cuisine - Gourmet, Lobby Lounge with Bar - Bar with free internet connection (WiFi), Free Parking, Bar Beach and highly trained staff will do everything to make your stay fabulous.Some days are blue and calm, the waters warm, delicious ... Some days are cloudy, with big storms, even when it seems that the ocean is going to devour the birth of a new day full of sun and heat.All rooms, located just steps from the beach, have a king size bed, some with sofa bed, ceiling fan, 24-hour electricity, closet, safe box, private bathroom with shower, screened windows and balconies or terrace with hammock. Spectacular beach of soft white sands and calm seas • reclining beach chairs with umbrellas, palapa • Beach bar with international drinks and cocktails • Beautiful gardens with palm trees on white sand • Restaurant - oceanfront outdoor terrace and panoramic view • Coffee-bar in the Lobby • Free parking • Free Internet access in the Lobby Cafe-Bar • Currency exchange at reception • Transfers to / from Cancun airport can be hired on reservation • Laundry on request • Medical service on request Other Amenities:Car rental on reservation Massages by appointment, hotel marketing by aliveunique ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hip Hotel Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- s And s Hip Hotel