“Wow”
Review of Hip Hotel Tulum

Hip Hotel Tulum
Ranked #33 of 100 Hotels in Tulum
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Sitting in your room watching the ocean from only 100 feet away - amazing. The staff were lovely, kind and helpful. The restaurant staff are the same. After a very bad experience at a hotel down the road I was very upset and unsure about tulum altogether.... But, you can't let one awful experience ruin what could be amazing. The restaurant is fine (maybe don't order continental food) and you are a stones throw from dozens of other eateries anyway.. The rooms are huge, free wifi that works, double basin, double shower heads, separate toilet and amazing balcony with the best views. There is no ac but at this time year the breeze and a ceiling fan is more than adequate. A great location and a great hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela K
Bsegroup, Public Relations Manager at Hip Hotel Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you for your time in review our stay, we are very happy to hear that you had a great experience with us.

We hop to see you again in your next visit to Tulum

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This review is based on the negative booking experience that made me cancel my reservation and stay elsewhere. Two weeks prior to our arrival I emailed the hotel directly to confirm our reservation and request a room to accommodate us since I was recovering from an injury and could only walk limited distances. I wasted my time exchanging 10 emails with their reservation agent, even offering to pay whatever more money they wanted for a better room since other reviews recommended ocean front rooms. Finally, it became a futile exercise in trying to communicate with her that I was completely discouraged from staying here. If it was this complicated and frustrating of a process, I could not imagine staying and dealing with such inept service. Luckily for us, the service I originally booked it through applied what I had already paid (and would have lost) to book a better and more accommodating hotel for us.
NOTE: I was informed that they only have king size beds in the rooms with mosquito nets over them. If you need extra sleeping space you must request it separately and they can only provide a sofa but it does not have a mosquito net.

Room Tip: They only have king size beds in the rooms with mosquito nets over them. If you need extra sleeping...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank SSSteph
Bsegroup, Public Relations Manager at Hip Hotel Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank your for our time reviewing your experience, this comment is already with the operation manager to take the necessary steps to avoid any future misunderstanding.
Hip Hotel Tulum feature CABAÑAS with one bed and some of them have a sofa bed, all of them have same shape and layout, our corridors and access to restaurant, lobby and beach are open air and beach sand floors, great natural location, we invite you all to review our web site.

We look forward on welcome you soon...

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Pros: large rooms with nice restroom and beautiful view from my bed of the turquoise Caribbean. I like the double showers, separate toilet area, and toiletries.

Cons: Hot water in showers is erratic. No mosquito nets and when it rains the water leaks through the ceiling as you lay in bed. Water also enters through doors and windows so if it rains during your stay be prepared to wear water shoes in your room or to walk in puddles.

Service: Staff is very accommodating. They were kind enough to let us check out late in order to allow us to shower after swimming.

In summary, if you avoid the rainy season and bring a travel mosquito net like we did, you will have a perfect stay. If it rains during your stay be prepared for minor inconveniences.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Sm27357

Thank you for your time to review your stay with us, your comment is already with the operation manager, Hip Hotel Tulum will do the best to get better base on your experience

We hope to welcome you again in your next visit to Tulum

Reviewed 12 May 2013

The Hip Hotel is very good. The rooms are comfortable and large, as are the bathrooms. (We stayed in a beachfront room.) The showers weren't the greatest but they were just fine. We had some issues with small biting no-see-ums in our room at night, which I believe was caused by the fact that the roof is thatched and had some openings at the edges. This problem only arose on the two windless nights we were there. Some netting over the bed would have been welcome. The staff is friendly, but the overall service felt slightly absent, especially in the restaurant. The front desk was extremely helpful and very friendly (thanks, Leonardo!) Overall, we were very happy at the Hip Hotel and would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Go with the beachfront rooms if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your time in review your stay, is very important for us to get better every time, we look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Tulum....

HIP HOTE TULUM

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was very lucky with my room. Everythingh worked, had Hot water in my bathroom( some friends didnt have). The staff was fantastic, very attentive and friendly. The Hotel is a beach hotel, view fantastic .The only thing I missed was a frigobar in my room...I enjoy to be to have cold water during the night .
I would go back for sure!
Eventhough the service at the restaurant was very slow, the food was very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leninha086
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The Hip Hotel Tulum is actually built not "next to beach" it is "on the beach". You may as well put your shoes away while you're there as you are "on" the beach as soon as you leave your room. Not only is the hotel small but it has a very cozy feeling. Beach is beyond words, simply fantastic. Great restaurants in the neighborhood. Rooms are basic but have everything you would need to relax. Internet is available, speed depends on weather conditions (seems it is slower during a rain shower) and rooms have no TV (how great is that!). Staff is incredible helpful. Nice restaurant with view over the beach. The ideal place to relax and get away from business and stress.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Guido B
Bsegroup, Manager at Hip Hotel Tulum, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you for your time in review your stay, we look forward to welcome you again.
Regards

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed for 4 day the past week. The hotel seems very charming, but it has a lot of issues to solve. First of all I want to clarify that the people working there are excellent. They always tried to help us. We booked a room by the sea. The room didn't have windows, so it was extremely windy and freezing during the night. By the 2nd night we were all sick. On another note, we never had hot water to shower. I have a 4 month baby that I had to ask If I could use another room every night to bath him. At this point we had to request a room change to one facing the road, which was quite noisy. The rate on that room was cheaper but they wouldn't give us our many back. Finally, they say they would provide a crib, so I didn't take mine. When we got there, the crib was very vey old and not really safe for my baby to sleep. It had wire floor and a extremely soft mattress. Any kid could suffocate in there.
So, in conclusion, the location of the hotel is perfect, the equipment by the beach as well, the hotel a complete disaster.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Gapsi

Thank you for review your stay, we find very help full any type of comments the follow up on your comments is our priority.

Hip Hotel Tulum